Has anyone noticed the native email running a lot faster today? Typically, it takes me 15 seconds to display/delete a single email. Today, it was about one second each. It has never gone remotely this fast, and nothing else has been changed on my settings.

I always groaned at having to delete the day's accumulation of emails as it was such a lengthy process, and always compared it unfavorably to the speedy deletes on my ipod. Hope this continues.
    07-24-12 07:39 PM
    It should. Mine has always been this way. Maybey you had a weird glitch that has sorted itself out?
    07-24-12 07:49 PM
    Nope. Still the same here.

Did you do anything that could have helped?
    07-24-12 09:07 PM
    Mine actually stopped working.... My Gmail account couldn't connect, then no emails from my other accounts would show. So it's just empty. I cant be bothered with a reboot at the moment. ( You hear that RIM, i prefer to contend with a problem than to reboot)

3:48 minutes id rather use to do something meaningful.
    07-24-12 09:44 PM
    i don't even bother checking on the native email app. just check it on the phone/9900.
    if i try to bridge the phone will stall and hang..happens all the time.
    07-24-12 10:42 PM
    Still slow. Like turn it on and get a coffee slow. Thinking it might be because it's IMAP?
    07-24-12 11:48 PM
    The AIR based app still suck. Sometimes it runs great, and sometimes it's terrible and slow. Hopefully RIM's fixing up the backend using ActiveSync so that it doesn't weirdly disconnect so often (and need a restart).
    07-25-12 12:59 AM
    Yeah. The Native apps are beautiful but they really take forever to load to the point they aren't worth it. Then you still have to mark them read on your phone any way. Till that's sorted out I don't get the point.
    07-25-12 01:31 AM
    ... I always groaned at having to delete the day's accumulation of emails as it was such a lengthy process, and always compared it unfavorably to the speedy deletes on my ipod. Hope this continues.

From the second half of the following post, which references the forum members who described these techniques:

| http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7226443

To speed up multiple deletions, you can swipe down to get the menu, Settings, Display and Actions, set "Confirm Delete" to OFF. Now you can do one touch delete.

To select more than one message, swipe down from the top and pick Select. You can then select messages one by one.

To select a contiguous group of messages on the screen, check the first email and keep a finger on it and, with another finger, swipe down the list to check all the emails below.

To continue the selection on another screen, you can remove both fingers and scroll down, and repeat a selection of contiguous messages. Or, you can keep one finger fixed near the bottom of the screen and keep panning down (or flicking the finger towards the top of the screen).

The above-referenced post described selecting a group messages to be deleted. Once a group of messages have been selected, it should also be possible to effect other actions on them, such as "mark as read."
    07-25-12 01:15 PM
    Vastly faster to manage email on my 9810. I only keep a couple of rarely used trash email accounts on my PB. Even with those couple of accounts, I still get pop-up alerts from time to time asking me to input my password. Native email has been a bust IMHO. I can't even use it for my work email since we just have a straight BES server, no Mobile Fusion (and no plans on getting it).
    07-25-12 01:34 PM
    Vastly faster to manage email on my 9810. I only keep a couple of rarely used trash email accounts on my PB. Even with those couple of accounts, I still get pop-up alerts from time to time asking me to input my password. Native email has been a bust IMHO. I can't even use it for my work email since we just have a straight BES server, no Mobile Fusion (and no plans on getting it).
    If you have Active Sync on your Exchange server, you don't need Mobile Fusion
    07-25-12 01:45 PM
    The AIR based app still suck. Sometimes it runs great, and sometimes it's terrible and slow. Hopefully RIM's fixing up the backend using ActiveSync so that it doesn't weirdly disconnect so often (and need a restart).
    Yeah. The Native apps are beautiful but they really take forever to load to the point they aren't worth it. Then you still have to mark them read on your phone any way. Till that's sorted out I don't get the point.
    To resolve these issues I have my email accounts set to sync only every 30 min & then I use the email bridge. It doesn't look as fancy as the native, but it works way quicker & better...plus msg's read on the PB then automatically show up read on my phone.
    07-25-12 01:59 PM
    3:48 minutes id rather use to do something meaningful.
    meaningful use for a playbook? um... no
    07-25-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD