Does anyone else wish they could configure different notification sounds for different email accounts? Could this be done with a third-party utility?
    06-09-12 10:44 AM
    Customization is not something we can do (yet) at this point in time, but it sure would be nice. To my knowledge there are no 3rd party applications that allow you to do this. I believe you would love to see the same level of customization that is allowable on your Torch 9850, for your PlayBook. I would too, but considering that the QNX based OS is relatively young, we don't have that option. I don't know how possible it would be for a developer to build an app that does this, or if RIM has intentions of bringing some customization options to the PlayBook when BB10 is released. I would love this.
    Last edited by bounce007; 06-09-12 at 06:52 PM.
    06-09-12 06:20 PM
    Yes, you are right - I am spoiled by the 9850. I not only have different sounds for Phone, Visual Voice Mail, SMS, BBM, email, facebook, facebook messenger, twitter, Pocket Informant tasks, Blackberry travel alerts, ebay alerts, Skype, etc.., but also have different tones for each individual email account, so I know if it's a business or personal email from the sound. Yes, somehow I do remember (at least the important ones...lol) what is what when one of over a dozen different tone alerts happen on my handset. The email I made easy - because you can not only select a tone, but also the number of repetitions, I set work email to 3 beeps, personal to 2 beeps, and "special" personal email account to 1 beep. So I know right a way if it is an email, but listen for the second or third to know what kind. It might sound a little crazy, but when I am busy, it's really handy to know. Then, I go as far as to have individual tones for certain contacts phone calls (but only a few VERY important ones) :-)
    Looking at what I wrote - what a ridiculous number of forms of communication...lol
    bounce007 likes this.
    06-09-12 06:45 PM
    Yes, you are right - I am spoiled by the 9850. I not only have different sounds for Phone, Visual Voice Mail, SMS, BBM, email, facebook, facebook messenger, twitter, Pocket Informant tasks, Blackberry travel alerts, ebay alerts, Skype, etc.., but also have different tones for each individual email account, so I know if it's a business or personal email from the sound. Yes, somehow I do remember (at least the important ones...lol) what is what when one of over a dozen different tone alerts happen on my handset. The email I made easy - because you can not only select a tone, but also the number of repetitions, I set work email to 3 beeps, personal to 2 beeps, and "special" personal email account to 1 beep. So I know right a way if it is an email, but listen for the second or third to know what kind. It might sound a little crazy, but when I am busy, it's really handy to know. Then, I go as far as to have individual tones for certain contacts phone calls (but only a few VERY important ones) :-)
    Looking at what I wrote - what a ridiculous number of forms of communication...lol
    BlackBerry users DO.. and you are a BlackBerry user. Nothing crazy about your customizations!
    06-09-12 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD