I actually think the non native email on playbook is a perfect idea. there is no other and better way to keep everything in one place and have a device that you can share and not being worried about someone digging into your PIM. think going on a trip and watching some video and pictures and getting passed around at parties
    07-30-11 06:35 PM
    We've been there and done this to death..

Tim
    Not quite--no one seems to have mentioned my situation. Love my new PlayBook, and I'm a BB Storm user.

However, like many who use a BlackBerry, the phone is tethered to my work e-mail account via BES. Most corporate workers don't care enough about the phone to ever visit CrackBerry, but I actually like the thing.

So, I buy my PlayBook, download the Bridge program on the Storm from AppWorld and not surprised to see "Bridge has been disabled by your system administrator."

So--I totally would love to use Bridge, but can't. So if everyone would just recognize, kindly, that there are non-BB users that bought a PlayBook (for whatever reason) that can't get to their e-mail. And there are BB users that similarly can't use Bridge because it has been disabled by corporate IT that's terrified of security risks. So I think Bridge is a killer concept--but it just isn't an option for some people.

Interestingly, my company permits the use if iPads but only for executive level employees (for some unknown reason). The PlayBook is not permitted for anyone.
    07-30-11 06:42 PM
    Not quite--no one seems to have mentioned my situation. Love my new PlayBook, and I'm a BB Storm user.

However, like many who use a BlackBerry, the phone is tethered to my work e-mail account via BES. Most corporate workers don't care enough about the phone to ever visit CrackBerry, but I actually like the thing.

So, I buy my PlayBook, download the Bridge program on the Storm from AppWorld and not surprised to see "Bridge has been disabled by your system administrator."

So--I totally would love to use Bridge, but can't. So if everyone would just recognize, kindly, that there are non-BB users that bought a PlayBook (for whatever reason) that can't get to their e-mail. And there are BB users that similarly can't use Bridge because it has been disabled by corporate IT that's terrified of security risks. So I think Bridge is a killer concept--but it just isn't an option for some people.

Interestingly, my company permits the use if iPads but only for executive level employees (for some unknown reason). The PlayBook is not permitted for anyone.
    Well yes everyone recognizes that a lot of people want/need native email, but most can get it through the web browser or bridge. Though I don't care, I honestly hope it comes soon because it would sell more Playbooks - that and skype and android (with Kindle)...

07-30-11 10:27 PM
    I like webos but I am not to excited about hp's hardware. It looks and feels cheap, but if I had to choose between the two as is I would take the hp.
    How about choosing between the three if you want solid hardware .. there's this awesome new tab from Blackberry called the PlayBook
    07-30-11 10:29 PM

actually yes we have talked about this several times before. You need to ask your BES admin to change the settings to allow you to use the bridge. Then you are good to go. If they will not allow it then you will be like the rest with no BB.
    07-30-11 10:36 PM
    How about choosing between the three if you want solid hardware .. there's this awesome new tab from Blackberry called the PlayBook
    It is solid hardware but its not complete, and not a tablet.
    07-30-11 10:50 PM
    Not a tablet? What is it?
    07-31-11 12:42 AM
    actually yes we have talked about this several times before. You need to ask your BES admin to change the settings to allow you to use the bridge. Then you are good to go. If they will not allow it then you will be like the rest with no BB.
    Umm I'm sure its been mentioned.......but can you actually bridge with a BB Tour rockin OS 5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 01:21 AM
    any BB with OS5+ should be able to bridge
    07-31-11 01:22 AM
    any BB with OS5+ should be able to bridge
    Ok, reason I ask is that when I asked about sinking with office 2010 I was told that it was because that's only for phones with OS6 + thought this was kinda the same deal......that's for setting me straight.

07-31-11 01:45 AM
    Actually, it is a tablet--the best hardware of any tablet. The most powerful OS of any tablet. The reason it is incomplete is only a matter of software development. So, get on that RIM!

07-31-11 02:16 AM
    Umm I'm sure its been mentioned.......but can you actually bridge with a BB Tour rockin OS 5?

Sure can, it's what I'm using right now.
    rutabox likes this.
    07-31-11 05:52 AM
    Troll an iPhone board.
    07-31-11 10:50 AM
    stop pinning up the hopes!
    08-01-11 04:13 PM
    Sure can, it's what I'm using right now.
    Excellent, thank you! Now all I need is a Playbook to bridge to and I'll be set........

08-01-11 04:48 PM
    Excellent, thank you! Now all I need is a Playbook to bridge to and I'll be set........

I hear you can get 100$ off at any Staples...
    08-01-11 05:02 PM
    I hear you can get 100$ off at any Staples...
    Yeah.....checked in to that.....coupon only good till July 30th, so unfortunately (as far as I can tell) I won't be able to take advantage of that. Although, Amazon has it for 50 off.

08-01-11 05:31 PM
    @Keymaster654 -just go to ebay. They're at least 100$ off barely used.
    08-01-11 07:56 PM
    @Keymaster654 -just go to ebay. They're at least 100$ off barely used.
    I'm sure they may be slightly used......however I'm slightly worried about which truck they may have fallen off of, given my job. Plus I saw some for like 60 bucks out of England and those have got to be stolen, and would a Playbook from Europe work correctly here in the States?

08-01-11 08:40 PM
144 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD