Amateur question: with PB 32 now under $300, can't wait for PB2. Will pair with 9900 which is through a BB dedicated server for email (primarily). I gather I can't get that on the PB though it pops up on my phone, so how do I access work email? I use Citrix to access my office network, so is my only alternative to do the same through the PB? Thanks for any help and patience.
    11-24-11 08:08 AM
    Amateur question: with PB 32 now under $300, can't wait for PB2. Will pair with 9900 which is through a BB dedicated server for email (primarily). I gather I can't get that on the PB though it pops up on my phone, so how do I access work email? I use Citrix to access my office network, so is my only alternative to do the same through the PB? Thanks for any help and patience.
    Why wouldn't you be able to get your email? Provided it is paired to your 9900 you can access your email through BlackBerry Bridge. That's really the whole point of BlackBerry Bridge, doesn't matter if you're on a BES. Whatever emails you get on your BlackBerry, will be mirrored on your PlayBook again, provided you make use of BlackBerry Bridge.

The info you're seemingly referring to is misinfo based on the fact the PlayBook doesn't have native email and rumors previously suggested that when the native email client is released, in February -- wouldn't support BES. Which, is now suggested to not be the case at all.

Also: Free Citrix Receiver - Tech Preview - Download Citrix Receiver - Tech Preview - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    11-24-11 08:18 AM
    maybe I am missing something-- I thought the #1 gripe with the original PB was no native email, calendar and contacts and that is what OS2 will provide. If the bridge gives me exactly what I can get on my 9900, really all I need. Thanks again
    11-24-11 08:24 AM
    Native = Built in, no need for a BlackBerry.

It doesn't have an email client, calendar and contacts baked into the OS itself but that in no way impacts your ability to send and receive emails on the PlayBook as long as have a BlackBerry and pair it with BlackBerry Bridge.

It really is a moot point for BlackBerry users, when BlackBerry Bridge exists. Just something to gripe about.

You don't NEED native email, it'd just be nice to have and most people will say should have been there due to the fact it's all just rather silly to NOT have it and people have a hard time taking the PlayBook seriously without it..

The old joke:

The company that revolutionized email didn't include email on their own tablet!
    11-24-11 08:34 AM
    maybe I am missing something-- I thought the #1 gripe with the original PB was no native email, calendar and contacts and that is what OS2 will provide. If the bridge gives me exactly what I can get on my 9900, really all I need. Thanks again
    No native email is only a problem for people without a Blackberry phone.
    11-24-11 08:37 AM
    many thanks Bla1ze--- understood perfectly.
    11-24-11 08:38 AM
    many thanks Bla1ze--- understood perfectly.
    Glad to help!
    11-24-11 08:41 AM
    You can still get email, you just need to go through the web. For example if you have a yahoo email you go to yahoo.com. Most work systems have a web email browser too for their unix accounts, etc. This is what a native email program will make easier, instead of going to a specific website and logging in it will be lime Outlook.
    11-24-11 10:37 AM
    Absolutely no need for native email if you have a BB. It is SOOOOOO clever this thing!
    Everything in one place, all synchronized, keeps the same signatures, you can check your calendar on the PB, whilst being on the phone, check your emails whilst you are on the phone, even surf the web whilst showing a presentation on a big screen. It is f***g GREAT!
    11-24-11 11:08 AM
    Not everyone has the option to bring their cell phones everywhere, especially when cell phones are not permitted. So it is a big deal to some BB users. And relying on bluetooth in certain areas does not always work out.
    11-24-11 01:05 PM
    Note that the bridge email is pretty primitive (in my opinion), while the native email for 2.0 apparently will support folders, pinch-to-zoom, and many other features that may make the difference between it feeling like a big limitation and feeling like a smooth, productive, enjoyable experience.
    11-24-11 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD