What is the latest on PB native e-mail plans? Have a 32GB unit I love - but need to access BB Enterprise. Have AT&T so BB Bridge is not an option.
    05-23-11 08:14 PM
    Incorrect.
    You can get BB Bridge on your AT&T phone. Just follow this link from your OS6 Berry: OS6 Download, and this link for your OS5 Berry: OS5 Download, and do an OTA download. Proceed to pair your Playbook with your phone, and you're golden!

As per native email, it was stated that there should be an updated including this 60 days from launch. That brings us to an approximate time of June 20th, ish. Now, given RIM' previous history, I would expect this update closer to July.

I am sure there were previous threads regarding this in either this forum or your respective phone's forum. I suggest doing a search before making a new thread next time. Friendly reminder.
    Last edited by RDslva; 05-23-11 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Added more information
    jrc0331 likes this.
    05-23-11 08:19 PM
    Incorrect.
    You can get BB Bridge on your AT&T phone. Just follow this link : AT&T BlackBerry Bridge Download | CrackBerry.com from your Berry, and do an OTA download. Proceed to pair your Playbook with your phone, and you're golden!

As per native email, it was stated that there should be an updated including this 60 days from launch. That brings us to an approximate time of June 20th, ish. Now, given RIM' previous history, I would expect this update closer to July.
    Not to be off topic, but do you know if they will be brining BBM at this time as well ? I don't want to have to bridge to do what I need to.
    05-23-11 08:28 PM
    Thanks! I did the OTA download and have the bridge in my Applications folder. But it will not boot. May be an OS issue? Have a Bold 9700.
    05-23-11 08:30 PM
    Not to be off topic, but do you know if they will be brining BBM at this time as well ? I don't want to have to bridge to do what I need to.
    I am not 100% on this, but I doubt it. I am sure other forum members have more information regarding this, but I am sure RIM will release something telling us exactly what we get in regard to upcoming applications / functionality.
    05-23-11 08:34 PM
    Until we see what the 3/4G rigs will have on it when shipped, I don't think we could say. They will have to work it so that those of us with device bbms do not have to open another account with the PB. It will be interesting to see what they do and when.
    05-23-11 08:34 PM
    Thanks! I did the OTA download and have the bridge in my Applications folder. But it will not boot. May be an OS issue? Have a Bold 9700.
    I would make sure you downloaded the correct file. (I updated the post for OS6 and OS5 devices) If you have gotten the correct download, I would try a battery pull and see if that fixes it. If not, then you can always try and re-install it and do a second battery pull.
    05-23-11 08:36 PM
    You are right - Golden! Found the OS5 version and works great. Thanks for your help!
    05-23-11 09:29 PM
    You are right - Golden! Found the OS5 version and works great. Thanks for your help!
    No problem, glad you've got it up and running.
    05-23-11 09:44 PM
    When email comes to pb, it will no longer be called native. Its called immigrant email.
    05-23-11 09:53 PM
    When email comes to pb, it will no longer be called native. Its called immigrant email.
    Actually, as a BB phone owner I didn't even notice that the PB does not have a native email program. When the native comes there will be a big sucking sound as the IPhone users rush to buy THEIR PB's.
    05-23-11 10:05 PM
    I am hoping that the email comes as soon as RD says, I talked to a regional sales person and he said they will not release it until they release a 3G/4G device. Further stated that they would be hitting the market 1Q-12, hope he is off on these dates. It is all speculation in my mind.
    05-24-11 06:04 AM
    I got bis on my torch. Wifi at home and office. I can pay for 3g data plan, no problem, rather than struggling with bridge. Getting additional hotspot or mifi is an option, but that means carrying another gadget no matter how small.
    05-24-11 06:42 AM
    I don't think we'll see BBM on the Playbook natively any time soon.

I am SURE RIM is trying to figure out how to make BBM run off of BBID before the put BBM on the Playbook natively, since right now Everyone would have to maintain 2 contacts and 2 contact lists for people with BB's and Playbooks.
    05-24-11 07:21 AM
    email/calender/contacts will most likely launch in time with the planned UK release of June 16th.
    05-24-11 10:55 AM
    I would hope sooner. with bridge its not bad but because it has to fetch the data from the phone it gets sluggish
    05-24-11 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD