Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

As for what the phot means,that's all up to who is viewing it and their take on it. My take from this photo is that BBM would be available per license and not as a free service
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BB-Bmore View Post
    As for what the phot means,that's all up to who is viewing it and their take on it. My take from this photo is that BBM would be available per license and not as a free service
    I get what you're saying, I just disagree with taking any meaning from the pic. But back on topic, I don't see why RIM wouldn't offer free BBM to any BlackBerry device. If you buy any Apple product do you not receive Facetime for free? Same for Google? Same for MS with Skype? Am I wrong?
    bbecause it's bbetter

Global Posts
    3,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

This also might go back to what was said on the earnings call about charging for BBM versus charging for BIS, for phone users i'd imaging the fee would be the same for a BBM plan as it is for our current BIS plans (if it even needs to be changed) but the distinction means playbook only users who don't need BIS could opt to pay whatever amount for BBM service.. seems logical to me. Hopefully those with a Blackberry phone and plan get a free pass on the service for their playbook seeing logically your using one at a time but I guess we'll see.

As for the debate about whether or not we'll see BBM on playbook 2.1, while I have no internal RIM information my guess would be that it's ready to go and has been for a while, it just hasn't been launched because it requires the move from PINs to BBID which won't be online until the BB10 release.. thus once that switch is flipped for BB10, they can throw it out on the playbooks too.. it really has nothing to do with whether or not BB10 is ready for the playbook.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Native bbm for Playbook confirmed for all models, with voice & video chat

well in my view bbm on pb has just been held back because of bb10 development. I mean what do you think we are using on the pb? in my mind pb is based on QNX as is bb7. if bbm comes to pb, that means total integration withbb10 handsets and that makes total sense. in most senses bb7 on phones and pb os is qnx based and we have beta testers for qnx since launch. I would be estatic to see bbm on pb as it woul allow my kids and I to communicate easier when out of country when cell service requires roaming charges. now bbm gives us texting, chat and video via wifi. this is a huge step forward for blackberry.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

We also have to remember this wont be the BBM we all know. It will be video chat file sharing screen sharing etc. I think it would be a good idea for Rim to allow PlayBook users to use this without a subscription but at the same time BlackBerry services have always had a price attached to them. So I guess we will all know on the 30th, One thing that i do know is its do or die for Rim and they have to make all the right decisions. I personally would do everything I can to get people back on my brand..free BBM and use of all its services so long as you use a BlackBerry device. But Im no CEO so lol
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    jagrlover likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Native bbm for Playbook confirmed for all models, with voice & video chat

ok, I've only flicked through this thread as I've never before cared about bbm and bb services. however, I now have bb servicesincluded in my phone contact (nexus4), and I might as well use what I can't change (thanks Vodafone). therefore, is there anyway to install bbm on a wifi pb and access it thru a wirelessly tethered android phone?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Life is tooo short
    RIM please give me Skype
    PatrickMJS likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123