Hi,

I have discovered a strange application on my PB - Mystical Sphere Pro. It is sitting on the list of installed apps in App World, although there is no icon for it in the normal screen. When I click on it, I don't see the details, only the requester that BB App World is having trouble connecting to the server, but I am connected and all the other entries in My World are showing their details just fine.

Do you have any idea what is it? Some kind of hidden software that is visible because of system glitch?

Bartek
    08-28-11 01:21 PM
    Take a screen capture and post. Hold down, volume up & down.

Or it didn't happen.
    08-28-11 01:38 PM
    08-28-11 02:12 PM
    That is weird and there's nothing on App World.

Search Results for "mystical sphere pro" - BlackBerry App World

Mystical Answer
    by FireTonic Entertainment Inc.
    | 3 reviews

Mystical Fairies Theme
    by A3 Media Network
    | 1 reviews

Mystical Fantasy Theme
    by Real Deal Design
    | 2 reviews

Mystical Rose
    by A3 Media Network
    | 1 reviews
    08-28-11 02:20 PM
    thats a malware
    08-28-11 02:54 PM
    thats a malware
    Proof, please?
    08-28-11 03:18 PM
    Any chance you sideloaded an app - it would have been in .bar format?

A quick google did not turn up anything.
    08-28-11 03:37 PM
    I did not sideload anything, I have only ever installed applications via App World. That's why I am so surprised.

I have also searched via google - and found nothing. Strange.
    08-28-11 04:31 PM
    Did you have a Magic 8 Ball app loaded?
    08-28-11 04:39 PM
    Specifically, this one -

I noticed several days ago that there was now a "Pro" edition, and if you updated you needed to pay for it. I decided not to and just keep it free. I then noticed a few days later that I could no longer see the app info in App world (I get the error described).

I also saw that "Mystical Sphere Pro" on my app list, and the same version as this app. Upon deleting it, I now cannot locate the 8 Ball app.

I conclude then, that the developer removed the app from sale, and is altering it to be that, but for some reason the app changed to that name and new icon, but hasn't been uploaded or made available in App World.
    08-28-11 04:54 PM
    Problem solved!

Indeed, I have the free version of Magic Ball. And it disappeared from App World, so it must be it.

Thanks!!
    08-28-11 05:16 PM
    Perhaps it should be named Vestigial Sphere Pro.
    08-28-11 05:31 PM
    Hi all, my Name is Marcos Placona, and I'm the developer for both versions of the Magic Ball (now Mystic Sphere).

Just thought I'd clarify what's happened here.

I've developed the Magic Ball initially as a free application, and after some people asked me to offer in in different languages, I decided to come up with a Pro version,but still kept the lite version (English only).

As an independent developer, I could have simply added a price tag to the existing one, and expect people to pay if they wanted to use it. But don't we all hate when people do that to us?

This is when I came up with the Pro and the Lite version, so I'd give people the opportunity to enjoy it either way, and if they didn't mind sending me $0.99 (or the 70% of that as I get) for a fun software, even better.

Now last week I received a fax from the patent owner of the magic ball saying I could not use it's name or idea (i.e. ball with with a shape in the middle that spits out phrases), and was to take it off the market immediately. Rim had no ceremonies, and took it off for me before I could even blink (guess those battles between the big fishes are more serious)

I then did a massive research on how and what I could do to get my app back, since between the other apps I have, this one is the one that has the most demand, and besides not nearly breaking even with the hours invested developing it, I was really happy with the reviews.

I then came up with the idea of the Mystical Sphere, which has exactly the same concept, but is on the legal side of things, and no patent owner will come back to me and complain.

I'm still offering the two models (Pro and Lite). Last but not least, I've only sent the update yesterday, and think Rim might have messed up with it since some people reported there was an update showing, but no app displaying (it only got approved today 29/08/2011 at around 7am GMT).

Hope this clarifies it, and wishing even more people enjoy this app as much as they enjoyed the other, since the principle is the same, but no one is gonna threaten sue my a*se because of it.

Again, my apologies for all the confusion this might have caused.

Cheers, and enjoy the apps
    Last edited by mplacona; 08-29-11 at 10:37 AM.
    08-29-11 10:16 AM
    Glad to hear its back - definitely the best execution of the idea that was available when I did the comparison.

Was rather saddened when I deleted it to confirm my suspicions and couldn't reinstall yesterday.
    08-29-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD