My wifi died. My wifi quit working all of sudden out of the blue. It wont show any networks even though there are a plethora of them Bluetooth bridge works. I tried reset after reset to no avail. I wiped it now I cant get past the setup. Is there anything I can do
    05-08-11 10:11 PM
    I know exactly what your going through. Wrote a post about it earlier. After speaking to tech support I had to exchange it for another one. Your at the wifi setup page and even connecting manually doesn't start. You get the spinning green wheel of death. No connection. Good luck...I was in your boat last week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 10:17 PM
    did you take it back where you bought it? I dont think I can do that as I got it on launch date.
    05-08-11 10:34 PM
    @op i'd try a hard reset if that doesn't work i'd make the dreaded call to support, best of luck..

(in case you don't know how to hard reset: hold volume up+volume down+power button for 5-10 seconds)
    05-08-11 10:46 PM
    Two of my saved networks have a red "blocked" symbol beside them and couldn't connect recently. I have no idea what that means. Any idea? I had to delete them, restart and manually re-add them....
    05-08-11 11:41 PM
    Try. Unpluging the router and then plug it again this has happened to me a few times with my laptop out of the blue bang it just can't connect I go I unplug the dlink then it works like a charm.
    I don't know why this happens but we have to laptops and sometimes one just can't connect the others works fine I try everything and its not always the same laptop either so I unplug the dlink it reboots and works like a charm
    05-09-11 04:48 AM
    Two of my saved networks have a red "blocked" symbol beside them and couldn't connect recently. I have no idea what that means. Any idea? I had to delete them, restart and manually re-add them....
    Same thing late last week. Delete and re-provision fixed but it was pretty frustrating
    05-09-11 07:08 AM
    For a split second I thought the thread title read as 'My wife is dead.'
    05-09-11 07:14 AM
    OMG me too!! I was scrolling the thread titles and I thought it said Wife too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 07:46 AM
    Mine never had anyproblem with wifi. With wife, yes.hahaa
    05-09-11 07:50 AM
    haha. No dead wife. I dont have a wife because she had a drinking problem. I drank, and she had a problem with it! Anyway I emailed RIM this morning and I will let you know what they say.
    05-09-11 08:34 AM
    haha. No dead wife. I dont have a wife because she had a drinking problem. I drank, and she had a problem with it! Anyway I emailed RIM this morning and I will let you know what they say.
    Why would you email rim about her?
    Hahaa
    First working day...update anyone???
    05-09-11 08:39 AM
    just an update: i am on the phone with rim now and they cant fix me up so they are sending me a new playbook. Just a word to all, if you have this problem DONT do a security wipe. They want to look at the logs and I cant do that and theres pretty much nothing they can do.
    05-09-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD