Agree with OP. Most noticeable is the improvement of stock browser as fast if not faster than Origami now. Hopefully pcshun able to upgrade the browser. Keyboard typing also improve with no lag.
    09-11-13 06:20 AM
    They still have not fixed the problem that came in with 2.1 where some android apps don't recognise the playbook's wifi connection. Some of these apps are still for sale in app world.
    Sigh, didn't really expect much at this stage.
    Something tells me this is the fault of both the OS and the Android app. For example, Overdrive can download books, but, when I try to use the word lookup, it says that there is no connection, strange. Wordhero had a problem but, now, he has changed it so that it says that the device is saying it is not connected, but je allows you to continue and all is good. all other Android apps, that I have are fine, so it seems to be some confusion between the app and the OS.
    09-11-13 07:41 AM
    Haven't noticed much on my end. Kb may be better but always is after a new install which I always do. Still checkerboards, while oragomy doesn't it white screens so what's the difference? At least some stuff was updated only to need updates again because they are too slow to update anything until it's already been updated again.
    09-11-13 08:29 AM
    Very strange. Since installing the update, when I try to log into the T-Mobile site the screen rapidly switches back and forth between the login screen and the security check pop up, endlessly.
    09-11-13 07:59 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference.

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    09-11-13 08:32 PM
    I've been using it for a few hours now and notice nothing new. Oh well

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
    09-11-13 11:12 PM
    same old same old for my playbook. when started up, it initiates (old) bb desktop software..but cannot connect to playbook.
    close desktop software, open blackberry link. now it's recognised by my laptop. yeah yeah.
    09-12-13 04:32 AM
    Still haven't updated, still reading PlayBook update threads (quite a few), but I'm becoming more and more anxious as the hours pass, especially with the update icon starring at me.....maybe sometime today.....I dunno
    09-12-13 04:44 AM
    Better wifi signal on my side or a psychological effect
    Got one bar more from my bed room. Need to check again.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:29 AM
    I havn't noticed much, just updates to a few bits by the looks of it.
    Seems quicker in general but not by much.
    Browser and keyboard are quite a bit more responsive- not a big update but welcome for sure- anything is better than nothing!
    Nothing so far that i use has been made worse so its all good.
    09-12-13 07:52 AM
    Still haven't updated, still reading PlayBook update threads (quite a few), but I'm becoming more and more anxious as the hours pass, especially with the update icon starring at me.....maybe sometime today.....I dunno
    Go-awn - just do it!!! What could possibly go wrong...
    09-12-13 09:10 AM
    Go-awn - just do it!!! What could possibly go wrong...
    If you stream from sites like Tubeplus, it could affect the ability to do so.
    09-12-13 09:34 AM
    I loaded it last night. No issues. I thought that YouTube ran better, but still hung occassionally. Not sure if they made adjustments to flash or just WiFi, but it seems better. Didn't do much typing, so that is open to review. Glad that their was at least a token effort on still supporting the PB.
    09-12-13 09:34 AM
    here is the major reason of this update, which is for security of Flash.
    BlackBerry releases BB10 fixes for old Flash flaws | ZDNet
    09-12-13 12:02 PM
    upgraded 2 days ago - no problems, and no improvements. Precisely zero difference. I'm not complaining,since the main purpose of the update was security allegedly - it means it was successfuly as far as I understand. I'm happy as it was within my expectations. A few less flash bugs to get worried about at least.
    09-12-13 01:09 PM
    it's a security update and most apps and games are a bit slower. flash seems to be better though.
    was hoping for more features on the adobe reader, but nothing.
    email seems to be working better, I use it a lot.
    09-12-13 01:48 PM
    Not noticing anything pronounced yet but sometimes thats a good thing.
    09-12-13 02:11 PM
    My PB has become very unstable since the update, a few android apps do not work and the ones that do will abruptly close for no reason. YouTube no longer works in the browser, note that before YouTube in the native browser was never perfect. The browse still checkerboards plenty. Have already restarted the PB 5 times today. How could a company produce something so promising and allow to this to happen? And they wonder why the Z10s are not selling.

I wonder what tablet Thor uses?
    09-12-13 02:38 PM
    I installed the update today, and here is my findings:

-Noticeable improvement of the browser. It offers now a better experience. ( less checkerboarding, no more distortion when using the pinch to zoom). I think that it is now faster than Origami. ( or maybe the update affected Origami ?)

- no more lag when typing ( especially the backspace )

- finally I have the thumbnails working on the browser bookmarks. ( never worked for me)
    Origami it's still faster, and by a large margin...
    09-12-13 03:23 PM
    it's a security update and most apps and games are a bit slower. flash seems to be better though.
    was hoping for more features on the adobe reader, but nothing.
    email seems to be working better, I use it a lot.
    And the left up corner it's pulsing red on new email! ..kinda cool!
    09-12-13 03:26 PM
    You didn't previously have a power on password? Hopefully you have no email accounts or other apps like blaq otherwise they are wide open in the event of loss or theft of the playbook.
    My PlayBook gets used more by my 3 year old granddaughter that lives with us than by me. Quickly found that having a password was not a good thing.... unless you like reinstalling 64GB of data. There is just very little that I have found that the PlayBook does very well other than play Disney Movies and a few kids games. I rather use my laptop of my Z10... no saying that I think Tablets are dead, because if I had a Surface Pro I wouldn't even touch my Laptop.

But if you use a playbook as a real tool... and can keep kids away from it, the a password is a must.
    09-12-13 03:28 PM
    here is the major reason of this update, which is for security of Flash.
    BlackBerry releases BB10 fixes for old Flash flaws | ZDNet
    Why is the update file size 397MB if all its fixing are security/flash issues?
    09-12-13 04:01 PM
    This is the same thing that happened to me - notice on the 32 gig; nada on my 64, but went into the 64 upgrades a few minutes later and it was there - weird, but not devastating
    09-12-13 06:19 PM
    After the recent update, my browser is still slower than the second coming of Christ.
    09-12-13 06:24 PM
    The video chat is up and running, which it wasn't before. Now I just have to find friends who have playbooks that are not on this site !!
    Cynycl and tarektoverso like this.
    09-12-13 06:26 PM
73 123