I know, I know about the rants and raves, but I can not help it this time as it is basic functionality what has let me down.
    I bought my playbook 2 weeks ago, and, if 1.0 was less baked than 2.0, it had to be really bleu. There I go:

1. First of all: YOU CAN NOT SYNCRONIZE WITH OUTLOOK THROUGH DESKTOP MANAGER!!!!! Is not that incredible in a �professional grade tablet�? Unbelievable!!!! It did not even think that it was not possible. I do not recall seeing it in any review! I use google calendar, but I do not want my contacts associated with any e-mail account, I keep them in my pc and mobile. I do not want my facebook contacts in my playbook either. Just incredible.
    2. Messages, calendars and native organizer apps do not work in portrait mode, which is the perfect way to use your keyboard in a tablet this size with your two thumbs.
    3. Those same apps crash really often, or do not update, or crash again, or do not even start, or there they crash again�
    4. Who was the clever guy who decided to add a space when you select the suggested word while typing? What if you want to type a period, or a coma, or a question mark?
    5. Was him the same guy who decided that if you press the spacebar you select the highlighted word?
    6. I will not rant about the lack of Skype, which hopefully will be there with BB10.
    7. Not to mention the reliability of the android player or whatever it is called.
    8. Appworld is a cruel joke for playbook users.
    9. You can not update or install apps through Desktop Manager. If you are out of wifi you are screwed up.
    10. Do not even think about managing your files in your hard disk. I hated that about my iphone and bb has gone the same way. I paid for my store capacity and I want a fully functioning, native file explorer or manager in order to do whatever I want with my files and folders in it.
    11. And on and on and on.

Anyway, I enjoy the web browsing experience, size is perfect for me, hardware is incredible, love the design, screen resolution is brilliant, bridge is sweet, HDMI capabilities, it is not an apple product� But the OS is such a pain deep down there...
    Will BB10 solve it? Time will tell, but, if as today BB10 is as baked as Playbook 2.0, RIM is f+*ked up.
    Haseleyman and rcm1301 like this.
    06-21-12 06:27 PM
    That last line of your post is what really has me scared. Bb10 is a complete wildcard and HAS to be more complete than the pb os. If it is not, it is going to he very hard for RIM to make any headway and/or even stay alive.

I only use my pb for browsing, e reader and some light emails so I can't really comment on most of your issues.

We can only hope that BB10 is all that we expect it to be.
    06-21-12 06:46 PM
    most of these are probably similar to other gripes but I know some, like portrait mode, are fixed in the 2.1 beta.

i used to sync my bb with outlook long ago but now, well that to me is archaic. I hate to say it but the cloud is the future. Wires are yesterdays news lol. BES is RIMs bread and butter and its just like a cloud basically. hotmail, gmail, exchange/activesync all operate on a cloud based system amongst many others.

I am assuming that with bb10 you can select exactly what contacts you want synced and which you dont but still allowing you to sync the calender from that account and such.
    06-21-12 06:48 PM
    2. As stated, these apps work in portrait mode in the beta OS 2.1
    3. Not my experience.
    4. If you want to type a period, comma, etc. , it goes back and puts it in the correct place.
    5. Not sure what you're talking about.
    7. Much, much improved in Beta OS 2.1.
    10. There are a number of apps available for that.
    06-21-12 07:12 PM
    We early adopters have seen it all, heard and read all rants about the PB, its not news to us. Celebrated the PB's birthday few months ago, seen it mature and improved in a lot of ways. You won't be holding a decent IMO device without us early adopters, so stop whinin and just wait for September, all or some of your gripes will be fix then.

elmit22, blue quill and neel69 like this.
    06-21-12 07:56 PM
    5. Was him the same guy who decided that if you press the spacebar you select the highlighted word?
    If it makes you feel better, my android phone does that too. I turned off the word suggestions because they are so horrible.
    06-21-12 08:55 PM
    Besides the other comments above, I want to repeat the auto period. I love it and it works great. If you would become more familiar with a function before you complain it would save you embarrassment. As stated, the period automatically goes to the correct position if you continue to type.

Also, who told you that you can't update without wifi? You can through DM. Thats my preferred method. No OTA needed.
    06-21-12 09:00 PM
    I want to congratulate the designers who put in the word suggestions in the typing app. I'm getting used to the added space and learning not to hit another space when I do not want a period. The automatic spell corrector I turned off to avoid freaky happenings. The app store is sometimes not easy to traverse but I don't think it is terrible. Would like some way to bookmark apps so one could easily get back and consider downloading at a later date. Also would like to know which apps are ported from Android. Android player could certainly be improved ,made more crash proof and upgraded maybe someday to the ICS or better level. Certainly would like a better file manager. Why cant that be simplified. And lastly you are certainly at a great disadvantage in downloading if you don't have wifi no matter what kind of computer device you have. I'm a slow learner- only had the Playbook since January.
    06-21-12 09:03 PM
    10. Download Files & Folders for on-device file management. It's really good. But when you have a lot of work to do - organizing photos for example - just connect to your PlayBook over WiFi or USB and use Windows Explorer.
    06-22-12 01:18 AM
    We early adopters have seen it all, heard and read all rants about the PB, its not news to us. Celebrated the PB's birthday few months ago, seen it mature and improved in a lot of ways. You won't be holding a decent IMO device without us early adopters, so stop whinin and just wait for September, all or some of your gripes will be fix then.

Here we go again, 'all will be well when BB10 arrives' or similar. How do you KNOW this? If I were a betting man, looking at RIM's track record, I'd say that when it arrives it will herald the start of another series of problems for the PB.

The OP is quite entitled to have a whine as all his points are quite valid. Yes, I know the messages app is now in portrait mode too. Big deal. what about the stuff that really matters?

Oh, and what exactly is happening in September?

Peace.
    Last edited by Haseleyman; 06-22-12 at 04:30 AM. Reason: error
    06-22-12 02:21 AM
    Why don't these threads get deleted rather than deleting mine?
    jem9777 likes this.
    06-22-12 02:39 AM
    Here we go again, 'all will be well when BB10 arrives' or similar. How do you KNOW this? If I were a betting man, looking at RIM's track record, I'd say that when it arrives it will herald the start of another series of problems for the PB.

The OP is quite entitled to have a whine as all his points are quite valid. Yes, I know the messages app is now in portrait mode too. Big deal. what about the stuff that really matters?

Oh, and what exactly is happening in September?

Peace.
    Agree. And when PB was still in 1.0, everybody said to hang on for 2.0 as all your problems will be solved. What a disappointment! There were improvement, but still too many shortcomings. Now everybody is saying BB10 is the holy grail. I think we all are suckers and RIM is playing us big time!
    06-22-12 09:06 AM
    Also, who told you that you can't update without wifi? You can through DM. Thats my preferred method. No OTA needed.
    How do you update PB apps in DM? I don't even SEE my PB apps in DM. (I'm not trying to be sarcastic - I will really like to know and allthough cloud will be the future, some basic things like backup and restore are still done best via your computer)
    06-22-12 09:10 AM
    most of these are probably similar to other gripes but I know some, like portrait mode, are fixed in the 2.1 beta.

i used to sync my bb with outlook long ago but now, well that to me is archaic. I hate to say it but the cloud is the future. Wires are yesterdays news lol. BES is RIMs bread and butter and its just like a cloud basically. hotmail, gmail, exchange/activesync all operate on a cloud based system amongst many others.

I am assuming that with bb10 you can select exactly what contacts you want synced and which you dont but still allowing you to sync the calender from that account and such.
    Maybe true, but no need to say some of us are 'archaic' just because we want to keep control over our own data. You are free to trust everything to the cloud, but wonder what tune you will be singing if all your cloud data are breached and compromized. Do you read ALL the fine print in the agreements of those cloud services. Do it, you will be amazed how much control they have over you. The cloud concept is great, but still needs improvement, especially regarding security & privacy.
    Also, how do you do backup of your PB without connecting to computer?
    06-22-12 09:21 AM
    Maybe true, but no need to say some of us are 'archaic' just because we want to keep control over our own data. You are free to trust everything to the cloud, but wonder what tune you will be singing if all your cloud data are breached and compromized. Do you read ALL the fine print in the agreements of those cloud services. Do it, you will be amazed how much control they have over you. The cloud concept is great, but still needs improvement, especially regarding security & privacy.
    Also, how do you do backup of your PB without connecting to computer?
    You are right about the fine print I wont deny that at all.

As for backing up, i backed up 1-2 times when i only had 1-3 gigs of data to backup. Now i have damn near 12 gigs that it wants to backup since there is no SD card. I never do it. RIM should figure out a better method for backup then that crap. That takes up to much room and time IMO. I dont have to go thru that wih my android phone or tablet at all. If i lose my game scores or something then oh well, that is the worst that will happen. I dont use my PB for pictures or videos and everything else is backed up via dropbox or the like.
    06-22-12 09:44 AM
    You are right about the fine print I wont deny that at all.

As for backing up, i backed up 1-2 times when i only had 1-3 gigs of data to backup. Now i have damn near 12 gigs that it wants to backup since there is no SD card. I never do it. RIM should figure out a better method for backup then that crap. That takes up to much room and time IMO. I dont have to go thru that wih my android phone or tablet at all. If i lose my game scores or something then oh well, that is the worst that will happen. I dont use my PB for pictures or videos and everything else is backed up via dropbox or the like.
    Backup time sucks! And it takes the equivalent of space on my computer! That sucks!
    06-22-12 09:49 AM
    Besides the other comments above, I want to repeat the auto period. I love it and it works great. If you would become more familiar with a function before you complain it would save you embarrassment. As stated, the period automatically goes to the correct position if you continue to type.

When I connected my PB for the first time I got a message saying that I had to be connected to a wifi to activate or whatever, no alternative.
    Will you tell me how to install apps from appworld without wifi? That is what I am talking about. I you would read properly you would not make mistakes and would save you embarrassment.
    Making mistakes is not embarrassing, not learning from them is, and thinking you are perfect is as well.
    If there is a way to do it, can anyone tell me how? Please.

I may agree, but due to work I do not get access to the internet permanently, and sometimes I need to make an old style sync. I do not have my contacts in the cloud. Do not ask me why I do not like that.
    06-22-12 04:28 PM
    Must be an update coming soon. The complaint threads, I got an ipad threads are starting to blossom here. Seems they always do when an update isn't far off.
    06-22-12 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD