My BlackberryPlaybook will connect to my wifi at home but not stay connected when I go to use apps, such as facebook. I log in and the connection drops and will not let me log in. I have been able to connected to other wifi connections and they have worked fine without dropping. It cant be my router because we have 2 laptops and 2 ipods which connect to the wireless fine. Please help me.
    08-02-11 02:24 PM
    this problem has been solved. PB doesnt connect to some router and all u hve to do is change ur router.
    08-02-11 02:40 PM
    this problem has been solved. PB doesnt connect to some router and all u hve to do is change ur router.
    Correct but I wouldn't call it a solution. My PlayBook hates my D-Link and does the same thing. I shouldn't have to buy a new router just to use my PlayBook. The current one was just over 100$ and is less than a year old. Our iPad, Asus netbook, and other BlackBerry devices connect just fine. The PlayBook connects, works for a while, then drops the connection then repeats the cycle every minute or two. Highly highly annoying, but compounded by the fact that the PlayBook can't play nice with certain routers. When I called RIM's PlayBook support about this months ago the woman's suggestion was to "use my PlayBook at McDonalds or Starbucks." Sure lady, I payed 800$ for an electronic McDonalds companion.
    08-02-11 04:37 PM
    My wifi would always cut out at work so I started changing every setting that I could and one worked for me. Goto: Options -> wifi -> Select a Network (drop down) select "Saved Networks" -> Tap the network in your home -> SSID there is a box that says "Hidden SSID" tap it so that a check mark appears in the box -> Save and Connect

Since I have done this at work my wifi has been completely stable. Hope it works for you.
    sbx9900 likes this.
    08-02-11 07:08 PM
    Or maybe you need to remove your home wifi from the playbook and readd it again.
    08-02-11 07:55 PM
    i get similar issues with all my bb devices good old reboot of the router always does the trick
    08-02-11 08:00 PM
    My wifi would always cut out at work so I started changing every setting that I could and one worked for me. Goto: Options -> wifi -> Select a Network (drop down) select "Saved Networks" -> Tap the network in your home -> SSID there is a box that says "Hidden SSID" tap it so that a check mark appears in the box -> Save and Connect

Since I have done this at work my wifi has been completely stable. Hope it works for you.
    Thanks!!!! for two months, my pb always connected to my wifi at home, until today. my laptop does, and so does my bb.

I tried your quick fix...it works!!
    11-22-11 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD