Ok so here we go, I got a PB off of ebay (yeah I know bad idea, but for $60 why not) the only thing is they said that it was not working or listed for parts because it was dead as a doornail and after reading many post on CB forums about how to revive I thought I would give the ole heave and get it. So I got it in friday (26th) and immediately I got it out of the box and proceeded to look at was virtually a brand new PB sans the sleeve that it came with (I was hoping that was in there so everyone could ask what was in the blue bag and good for protection).
    So I push the power button--nothing, tried holding it down for 20-30 secs--nothing, ok lets plug this in and see what happens, plug in and get the red/yellow/green light of death, uh-oh this PB is dead lets see if we can go through what fj has posted and see if I can get this thing back to life. I tried for at least an hour plugging unplugging and still nothing, I had to go to my sons football practice, so left it on the charger and hopefully something when I come back.
    So I got back and still nothing, so let me give BB a call and see what they say. So I get them on the phone and they tell me first off that they have no record of this PB ever being used so I get the 90 day complimentary support (yoo-hoo) but it is out of warranty because it was sold last year in march or something like that (dangit) but anyway they tell me to do some of the ole PB tries power button, yada yada yada--then finally let it charge over night and see what happens. Sat on charger all night at least 9 hours but still nothing but the lights of death (lod) and I had a bunch to do, so it sat on the charger all day mostly except for when i would try stacking but to no avail, so prior to me leaving to m sons football game I gave them another call to say "Hey it didn't work, now what" and they said see if you can connect it to your computer and reload the software because that has to be it. I connect and it started to download or repair the software because ti didn't recognize it at first and I thought it was going to take long so I left and came back that night and it was done loading but nothing on the screen so I connected the charger and then I got the red light then the battery icon with the lightning bolt then the yellow/green light then it would just cycle through that.
    So one more call to BB and they tell me that it is getting a charge so let it charge again over night and call us back in the morning to see if there is anything else we need to do (because a long charge has to do the trick--this time). I get up for what has to be a glorious Sunday, but the PB is not responding, just cycling the lights and icon. I give them a call and they say I have to send it in for repairs (dangit sorry Jesus I should have gone to church first then worried about the PB after) so I say ok and inquire about the supposed cost and he says I don't know, I can't divulge that info but will e-mail you to see if you wanna pay or have the PB sent back in its current condition, I give him the its not my fault speech why can't BB fix it for free but then I digress into lets just do it and I will yell at them then. So right before I leave I re-repair the PB and leave for church.
    So I go to church enjoy the service (Hallelujah, Praise the Lord) and when I get back at home I go right for the PB hoping for something but nothing except the cycling lights so I put it on the charger and go to do some school work and some football and when I go back to the PB it has the set-up screen going and says that it will finish the set-up when the battery gets to 20% because as it stood it was at 2% and climbing slow, so need less to say I am a happy camper and this PB rocks, yes it took a long time and yes I wasted some of my life but now I can enjoy the tablet that is going to change the world--or at least mine.
    So for all the dead PB's out there be patient and let it do what it does and hopefully it will come back to life for you too!
    So that is me with my new to me PB and life is getting better!
    Attached Thumbnails My PlayBook story-img_00000002.jpg  
    10-28-12 07:29 PM
    That's what sixty-dollars and a lot of patience can give you, a $250 (original manufacturing price) tablet.
    10-28-12 07:43 PM
    ... and don't forget lots of prayer as well.
    10-28-12 07:47 PM
    Yep, far more patience than me! But well done for sticking it out and getting it running. I'm sure a couple of well chosen words to the Big Guy upstairs helped a tad too
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-28-12 07:50 PM
    What a great story. Thanks for sharing. May you and your PlayBook live long and prosper!
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-28-12 08:54 PM
    Thanks to all it was well worth it now if I can just get the bridge to act right I will be cooler than the other side of the pillow.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-28-12 09:09 PM
    Great story. Thanks for sharing.
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-28-12 09:22 PM
    Ok so here we go, I got a PB off of ebay (yeah I know bad idea, but for $60 why not) the only thing is they said that it was not working or listed for parts because it was dead as a doornail and after reading many post on CB forums about how to revive I thought I would give the ole heave and get it. So I got it in friday (26th) and immediately I got it out of the box and proceeded to look at was virtually a brand new PB sans the sleeve that it came with (I was hoping that was in there so everyone could ask what was in the blue bag and good for protection).
    So I push the power button--nothing, tried holding it down for 20-30 secs--nothing, ok lets plug this in and see what happens, plug in and get the red/yellow/green light of death, uh-oh this PB is dead lets see if we can go through what fj has posted and see if I can get this thing back to life. I tried for at least an hour plugging unplugging and still nothing, I had to go to my sons football practice, so left it on the charger and hopefully something when I come back.
    So I got back and still nothing, so let me give BB a call and see what they say. So I get them on the phone and they tell me first off that they have no record of this PB ever being used so I get the 90 day complimentary support (yoo-hoo) but it is out of warranty because it was sold last year in march or something like that (dangit) but anyway they tell me to do some of the ole PB tries power button, yada yada yada--then finally let it charge over night and see what happens. Sat on charger all night at least 9 hours but still nothing but the lights of death (lod) and I had a bunch to do, so it sat on the charger all day mostly except for when i would try stacking but to no avail, so prior to me leaving to m sons football game I gave them another call to say "Hey it didn't work, now what" and they said see if you can connect it to your computer and reload the software because that has to be it. I connect and it started to download or repair the software because ti didn't recognize it at first and I thought it was going to take long so I left and came back that night and it was done loading but nothing on the screen so I connected the charger and then I got the red light then the battery icon with the lightning bolt then the yellow/green light then it would just cycle through that.
    So one more call to BB and they tell me that it is getting a charge so let it charge again over night and call us back in the morning to see if there is anything else we need to do (because a long charge has to do the trick--this time). I get up for what has to be a glorious Sunday, but the PB is not responding, just cycling the lights and icon. I give them a call and they say I have to send it in for repairs (dangit sorry Jesus I should have gone to church first then worried about the PB after) so I say ok and inquire about the supposed cost and he says I don't know, I can't divulge that info but will e-mail you to see if you wanna pay or have the PB sent back in its current condition, I give him the its not my fault speech why can't BB fix it for free but then I digress into lets just do it and I will yell at them then. So right before I leave I re-repair the PB and leave for church.
    So I go to church enjoy the service (Hallelujah, Praise the Lord) and when I get back at home I go right for the PB hoping for something but nothing except the cycling lights so I put it on the charger and go to do some school work and some football and when I go back to the PB it has the set-up screen going and says that it will finish the set-up when the battery gets to 20% because as it stood it was at 2% and climbing slow, so need less to say I am a happy camper and this PB rocks, yes it took a long time and yes I wasted some of my life but now I can enjoy the tablet that is going to change the world--or at least mine.
    So for all the dead PB's out there be patient and let it do what it does and hopefully it will come back to life for you too!
    So that is me with my new to me PB and life is getting better!
    You certainly got way more patience than I did . Thank god my is still under warranty. Will wait and see if I still get charged for the repair. I don't think so, considering I've use it twice and it was functioning fine until the battery get to 2% and died on me.
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-28-12 10:01 PM
    great story... hope you have nice time with your pb....

http://srimanapps.wordpress.com
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-28-12 11:05 PM
    $60 bucks and the experience of resurrecting a dead piece of tech = priceless.
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-28-12 11:56 PM
    Great story...Great ending....Thanks for sharing
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-29-12 04:25 AM
    For some reason I read that whole OP with an english accent.

But I don't see where the fix happened exactly. Seemed to be after the re-repair but I don't know what the means.

Happy you got it work OP. PB rocks. I pretty much bring it with me everywhere. Great device.
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-29-12 05:17 AM
    Any resurrected Playbook is a great thing in my opinion! I give you props for your patience! Enjoy!
    dakid72 likes this.
    10-29-12 10:27 AM
    hmmm... were you using an official PlayBook charger? The PlayBook will take days to charge fully using an off the shelf usb charger...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    10-30-12 04:46 AM
    For some reason I read that whole OP with an english accent.

But I don't see where the fix happened exactly. Seemed to be after the re-repair but I don't know what the means.

Happy you got it work OP. PB rocks. I pretty much bring it with me everywhere. Great device.
    If you read carefully, it came back to life after he went to Church
    10-30-12 12:23 PM