• 8 Post By eds817
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up My PlayBook makes it in New York

Old Blue Eyes sang that "If you can make it there (New York) you can make it anywhere". Over the past several days the PlayBook proved that it can make it.

I went back home to visit family and while there I took my PlayBook and put it to a little test. I kept it in my back pocket (can't do that with an iPad) and took some pictures and videos.

So here you go....

The pictures on the West Side Hwy were from my brothers car while he was doing 60mph.

The pictures and videos of the Chicago concert at the Beacon theater in NYC were from the 2nd level lodge.

Whatever doubts I might have had about my PlayBook are all gone after this weekend. In addition the this I took pictures and videos of my old neighborhood in the Bronx and share them at a family gathering on Saturday. I also took pictures and videos at the party and posted them on my Facebook page right from the party. Everyone was amazed to say the least.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My PlayBook makes it in New York-driving-south-west-side-hwy1.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-driving-south-west-side-hwy2.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-driving-south-west-side-hwy3.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-yankees-clubhouse-nyc.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-ge-building.jpg  

My PlayBook makes it in New York-radio-city.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-chicago-concert1.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-chicago-concert2.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-midtown1.jpg  
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts

Nice pictures!

The camera did well, even in the low light condition it did better than I expected!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K9K9K9K9K9

Awesome!
    I like hanging around dealerships, telling satisfied customers they bought the wrong car.

Chicago and the PB rock.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Impressive!
    Thanked by:
    sleepergsr (08-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    PIN
    NUNYA123

Originally from the big Apple (ten minutes from Yankee Stadium so my blood is blue too). Living in Toronto, Canada and going back home this weekend. You've just inspired me. Thanks!!!!!! Great pics (loving the clubhouse pic!).
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by TheDark722 View Post
    Originally from the big Apple (ten minutes from Yankee Stadium so my blood is blue too). Living in Toronto, Canada and going back home this weekend. You've just inspired me. Thanks!!!!!! Great pics (loving the clubhouse pic!).
    Here are a few more pictures north of Yankee Stadium.

There's one of the old Loews Paradise movie theater (I lived on the street behind it), the Kingsbridge Armory and a picture from the Grand Concourse going north, that's the old Dollar Savings bank in the backround.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My PlayBook makes it in New York-img_00000052.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-img_00000053.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-img_00000057.jpg  
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    CrackBerry User

thanks for sharing those awesome videos and photos! I just love my playbook and rarely leave home without it
    CrackBerry Abuser

what setting do you have the camera at? my pics seem to always come out grainy in low light.
    CrackBerry Addict

those are some gorgeous pics! thanks for sharing
    BlackBerry Z10 + Playbook 64GB, Bold 9900, Bold 9700, Curve 8900, Curve 8320, Blackberry 7290

BlackBerry Addicts Similar to Alcoholics
    CrackBerry Addict

Excellent video and nice pictures. Well done!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by lamnguyen2020 View Post
    what setting do you have the camera at? my pics seem to always come out grainy in low light.
    For pictures: stabilization - on, 16:9, auto

For video: 1080p, auto
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by TheDark722 View Post
    Haha..we are polar opposites...kinda freaky.
    I'm originally from Toronto (10 mins from SkyDome), now living in NYC and going back to TO this weekend.

+1 Equally inspired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky and the Brain.

Quote Originally Posted by EdS817 View Post
    Old Blue Eyes sang that "If you can make it there (New York) you can make it anywhere". Over the past several days the PlayBook proved that it can make it.

I went back home to visit family and while there I took my PlayBook and put it to a little test. I kept it in my back pocket (can't do that with an iPad) and took some pictures and videos.

So here you go....

The pictures on the West Side Hwy were from my brothers car while he was doing 60mph.

The pictures and videos of the Chicago concert at the Beacon theater in NYC were from the 2nd level lodge.

Whatever doubts I might have had about my PlayBook are all gone after this weekend. In addition the this I took pictures and videos of my old neighborhood in the Bronx and share them at a family gathering on Saturday. I also took pictures and videos at the party and posted them on my Facebook page right from the party. Everyone was amazed to say the least.
    Originally from NY(146th and 7th ave) and haven't been home in 5 years, these pics and vids just made me feel at home, if even for a moment.
    now imma have to take my Playbook home to see if it can make it out of Harlem in one piece, lol.

thanks.

"im not perfect at anything, but im good enough at everything to fail very little" - Darryl McDonald Jr
    CrackBerry User

Looks awesome, I live and work in NYC (actually a block down from Radio City). I use my Playbook everyday and I have seen a few around usually 1 or 2 for every 10 iPads, I have seen a bunch of Android tablets but never usually the same one.
    Blackberry Playbook 32GB
    Blackberry Bold 9930 Verizon
    Blackberry Storm 2 9550 Verizon

As I wrote elsewhere - also from Da Bronx but the other side, between Whitestone and Triboro Bridges. Da Bronx Science was a great commute.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    948 Global Posts
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,599 Global Posts
    PIN
    295E4D69
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by lorax1284 View Post
    I did and was able to connect my PB to the TV in the hotel and watch movies I put on the PB.
    New York Yankees
    It's Hard To Be Humble
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

Wow, the camera is amazing.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20176ee8

I took some video of the fireworks on the 4th of July, and was amazed at how well they turned out. My biggest issue comes into play at longer distances when I want closer images. I went whale watching recently and got some ok pics, but the video wasn't up to the task. These two pics are zoomed all the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My PlayBook makes it in New York-img_00000049.jpg   My PlayBook makes it in New York-img_00000050.jpg