It couldn't survive the 25mph toss against the wall. Luckily I used AmEx to purchase, I will be filing a claim today.
    07-25-11 10:05 AM
    Frisbee!? or experiment?
    07-25-11 10:10 AM
    PlayBook can jam?
    manofice1 likes this.
    07-25-11 10:11 AM
    Frisbee!? or experiment?
    Frustration at lack of functionality. But it was cool.
    07-25-11 10:14 AM
    Wait you survived the Storm but you can't handle the PlayBook's quirks? lol
    ObiGeorge and ericlc2 like this.
    07-25-11 10:18 AM
    Aw you should have videotaped this!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-25-11 10:18 AM
    It couldn't survive the 25mph toss against the wall. Luckily I used AmEx to purchase, I will be filing a claim today.
    I send my deepest condolences to you for your loss. He's been a great Blackberry soldier but his time came too early

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 10:25 AM
    Wait you survived the Storm but you can't handle the PlayBook's quirks? lol
    My Storm 2 has been and is my pride and joy. The original Storm, NOT. Not that the S2 has been perfect but I have less problems than most of my Android buddies.

But the 20 minute boot time since the latest OS upgrade (5.0.0.1082) while painful, is liveable. Everything else works perfectly with over 50 apps loaded. Have had as many and 75, but got rid of the ones I never or rarely used.
    07-25-11 10:27 AM
    Grrrrr you know there are people out there (me!) that would have taken it off your hands and send you mine (according to rim its water damaged) that you could have smashed.
    I'm dissapointed

Lol

07-25-11 10:30 AM
    I have a suggestion for you Anger Management Seminar might be cheaper than a new playbook
    ericlc2 likes this.
    07-25-11 10:37 AM
    Grrrrr you know there are people out there (me!) that would have taken it off your hands and send you mine (according to rim its water damaged) that you could have smashed.
    I'm dissapointed

Lol

I feel for ya, read the thread and thought that RIMM was really doing ya dirty. Mine was a Jack Daniels inspired spur of the moment frustration thing. But the bottles empty now. In a couple of hours I'm going to have a major headache and a belly full of remorse. But for now I'm looking at the pieces and still saying "take that!"

I love American Express, lol.
    07-25-11 10:38 AM
    I have never done a claim through amex or another credit card - what's the process and how do you get them to give you a new device?

07-25-11 12:49 PM
    I have never done a claim through amex or another credit card - what's the process and how do you get them to give you a new device?

You need the original receipt with date of purchase and check the website for the card on how or call their customer support.
    07-25-11 01:11 PM
    You need the original receipt with date of purchase and check the website for the card on how or call their customer support.
    Is it actually that simple? I have an amex costco card. Any idea how that would work?

07-25-11 01:16 PM
    How about some pics? Guess it isn't made as well as the phones.
    07-25-11 02:15 PM
    I feel for ya, read the thread and thought that RIMM was really doing ya dirty. Mine was a Jack Daniels inspired spur of the moment frustration thing. But the bottles empty now. In a couple of hours I'm going to have a major headache and a belly full of remorse. But for now I'm looking at the pieces and still saying "take that!"

I love American Express, lol.
    Jack Daniels and you're blaming the PlayBook! lol

That's like when I got my DUI - damn car wouldn't turn right offither! Thumthing wong withhh the thterring bockth!!

He didn't buy it.

As for video taping the smashup yeah that would have been cool! But how do you get the video off of it? Is the SD card removable? Only you would knoww...always wondered - please share the info...then you can credit this to science research...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-25-11 at 02:35 PM.
    07-25-11 02:32 PM
    I just love the ticker tape keywords a the bottom of these threads lol!
    07-25-11 02:33 PM
    Yeah, how'd they know I'm a fat guy living in a basement? LMAO
    07-25-11 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD