This is the FIRST time it's crashed since PB OS2.0 came out.
    under OS 1.x it crashed twice..I think twice, though I can only remember it crashing once.

I use my PB every day & with 2 maybe 3 crashes in over a year (don't remember exactly when I got my PB) I think that shows that the PlayBook OS is very stable. Good Job RIM

Keep in mind that I run unstable sidloaded Android apps on my PB. I believe it was an Android App that caused the problem today. A forced shutdown & restart fixed everything

I have an iPhone 4S that I sometimes (very rarely) play with. I have never even made a call with the 4S & yet it's crashed more then my PB.

Why do I have a 4S that I don't use you ask? Well I found it at the beach one day. I contacted the owners. They had dropped it while on Vacation. Instead of saying thank you & arranging to get it back, they demanded that I PAY to ship the phone to them. (Typical Arrogant iSheep) Now I am more then willing to take the time to package it all up & ship it to them, but THERE IS NO WAY THAT I'M PAYING TO SHIP THEIR PHONE TO THEM!! As a result I’ve been stuck with an iPhone 4S for the past 7 months that I play with when I'm curious about something; or bored.....Kinda wish I had just thown the stupid thing into the ocean when I found it

End of Rant:
    Last edited by bbpandy; 08-16-12 at 04:31 AM.
    08-16-12 04:29 AM
    OS crashing can really happen to all devices because all tablets (or even phones) have limitation. The common factors of "crashing" are bugs, low memory, unstable version of running OS, the size of the program / application or game running, etc. We can always conclude that if our tablet has less “crashing” problem, its OS is stable. Somehow it is correct but not accurate because, again, there are so many factors that can contribute to the “crashing” issues of every tablet (phone) regardless how stable its OS...

Anyway, I was more interested in your shared-story of why you are having an IP4S... it is not a crime to have iP4S or any Android devices (yet)... so, I believe there is no reason for you to justify for accidentally having one...
    08-16-12 05:22 AM
    The iPhone owner must not care about their phone. You pay to ship the phone I lost to me? BS
    08-16-12 06:31 AM
    The iPhone owner must not care about their phone. You pay to ship the phone I lost to me? BS
    no I don't think they did/do. It took almost a month & a couple emails B4 they even responded to my "I think I found your phone" emails.
    08-16-12 02:52 PM
    I had a phone stolen a few years back. I tracked it down with the call logs. The kid in possession of the phone handed the phone to his father. His father demanded I reimburse the price of the phone he paid the thief. The ultimatum was pay me or I'll throw the phone in the trash. I let him throw it in the trash and had it shut off via the carrier. I will never own a phone without remote wipe capabilities.
    I wonder about humanity sometimes.
    scuebydue likes this.
    08-16-12 03:14 PM
    As a result I�ve been stuck with an iPhone 4S for the past 7 months that I play with when I'm curious about something; or bored.....Kinda wish I had just thown the stupid thing into the ocean when I found it
    Either return it, or donate/recycle it.
    08-16-12 04:52 PM
    2.0 has a lot of issues with various android apps. A lot...

The first 2.1 beta was much better, but certain apps/scenarios could lock up the device completely.

So far I haven't encountered one yet on the latest 2.1 beta.
    08-16-12 05:01 PM
    Well that is the typical iphone user wanting everything done for them. I guess they wanted you to pay for shipping because they didn't have an app for it.
    Also agree 2.0 is a beast.
    08-16-12 05:06 PM
    Why do I have a 4S that I don't use you ask? Well I found it at the beach one day. I contacted the owners. They had dropped it while on Vacation. Instead of saying thank you & arranging to get it back, they demanded that I PAY to ship the phone to them. (Typical Arrogant iSheep) Now I am more then willing to take the time to package it all up & ship it to them, but THERE IS NO WAY THAT I'M PAYING TO SHIP THEIR PHONE TO THEM!! As a result I�ve been stuck with an iPhone 4S for the past 7 months that I play with when I'm curious about something; or bored.....Kinda wish I had just thown the stupid thing into the ocean when I found it

End of Rant:
    Thanks for the story... Reminding me how farc dup some people can get in this world.
    08-16-12 08:44 PM
    When I lost my phone (not way) back in high school, the thief just wouldn't return it even if I called after months and asked my friends to spam with hate texts and calls. It was rather funny actually, we even held a facebook event for it.

I asked the carrier to turn the sim card down from the beginning, but I guess they didn't believe it was my phone

Once my mom tried to call me but hit the send button on my old number, now a girl has it. It's not much of a loss now, I had my first BlackBerry (a good old 8100) a year later.

PS: The thief was from my school, I lost the phone at the basketball court.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    08-17-12 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD