Hey Everybody,
    Does anybody know if the playbook is compatible with the Smart-boards that are in most classrooms today? I looked online and the info said all I need is a micro hdmi cable and I should be able to share PPT and Videos from my Playbook to the screen. Does this information sound correct to you guys?

Thanks
    Griffin2012
    RedJam19 likes this.
    02-02-12 10:15 PM
    The smartboards I deal with have no HDMI ports so I can not help with that. I would think its possible if it has the HDMI input. I will check tomorrow and get back to you since I havent thought about trying it myself. The school I work at have all Ipads and are always telling me how nice my Ipad looks. Ofcourse its a quick answer of come on now I didnt disrespect you. This is a Blackberry Playbook. Jealous much lol..
    02-02-12 10:29 PM
    Great question. I work at SMART and have a very, very intimate knowledge of the products.

The quick answer is no not fully compatible. Because the PlayBook has no USB connection. All the SMART devices require a USB cable and VGA/HDMI/DVI or Composite. The USB is needed to carry touch. You can (depending on your IFP or Projector) display to it though the cable you mentioned. If going with just video display - you will be ok depending on the projector model. Not many SMART one support HDMI though. I think we only have a few. Check this list http://downloads01.smarttech.com/med...ixv10nov09.pdf here (the base of your projector will say what model it is).

With that said, the SB6 does have a W6C bluetooth controller. Unfortunately it is very picky and requires a specific dongle - so it wouldnt be able to pair to your PlayBook.

The WS200 and WS100 (slates) can pair on standard bluetooth - might have more luck there.

So, if you want to see something interesting go here:. Http://express.smarttech.com and take a look at Notebook Express.

The best thing I can think of is to install RealVNC server on your PC. Use the free app IMTVNC on the PlayBook to remotely control your pc (and thus your SMART Board) over a remote connection.

If you have any questions at all just shout
    Last edited by KermEd; 02-02-12 at 10:39 PM.
    RedJam19, Serkle K and linuxdaemon like this.
    02-02-12 10:35 PM
    I use Splashtop (SMART certified trainer for both Windows and Mac and assistive tech consultant) to remotely access the computer from the playbook. Offers fantastic keyboard support for students who aren't comfortable or can't write on the board. OS2 predictive keyboard makes it even easier for students with writing disabilities to interact with your lessons. As an instructor between the SMART Board and my playbook I never even touch the computer. The kids also think it's extremely cool!
    RedJam19, KermEd, spike12 and 1 others like this.
    02-02-12 11:05 PM
    I use Splashtop (SMART certified trainer for both Windows and Mac and assistive tech consultant) to remotely access the computer from the playbook. Offers fantastic keyboard support for students who aren't comfortable or can't write on the board. OS2 predictive keyboard makes it even easier for students with writing disabilities to interact with your lessons. As an instructor between the SMART Board and my playbook I never even touch the computer. The kids also think it's extremely cool!
    Thats a good way to do it too .
    02-03-12 12:49 AM
    Thank you all!
    I downloaded Splashtop and I will give it try next week in the classroom.
    Thank you again!
    02-05-12 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD