I bought a Playbook which had been security wiped and it only had Browser and Bridge but it was connected to my Wi-fi at the time and everything was fine. I obviously needed to connect it to my laptop and update it and the OS and whatever else. So I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software and updated the Playbook. It took around 2-3 hours to update. After the update I was eager to see all the new things on it, I went straight for the facebook app but then I couldn't log in because I was not connected to Wi-fi. I went to my Wi-fi settings and turned it on but it couldn't find my router. I tried restarting my router and the playbook numerous times but it still couldn't pick it up. And now when I plug the Playbook in for the Desktop Software it says "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device." SERIOUSLY? Someone tell me what is happening and how I can fix this. I've tried looking for the PB's IP but nothing comes up when I look under Network. I've tried almost everything, all that's left to do is throw at a wall. Someone tell me why it isn't finding my Wi-fi because it found it before I updated the OS and tell me why BBDS can't communicate with it connected!?
    11-27-11 04:47 AM
    "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device."
    That bit makes me think a security wipe would do you well - can you do that? (options --> security)

Can you see other wireless networks or is it just yours you can't see?
    bpdude likes this.
    11-27-11 04:50 AM
    It was security wiped when I got it and then it connected fine but after I updated it, it just comes up with that message. And I can't find anyones network..
    11-27-11 05:07 AM
    It was security wiped when I got it and then it connected fine but after I updated it, it just comes up with that message. And I can't find anyones network..
    Okay so you had 1.07 for a while THEN you updated it - a security wipe now will update to 1.08 during the set-up process.
    11-27-11 05:11 AM
    Another thing, there are no problems with my network or router because my iPhone, Xbox and Laptop are all connected to it and are working fine, it just seems to be the Playbook.. :S
    11-27-11 05:11 AM
    So I should wipe it and update it again?
    11-27-11 05:13 AM
    So I should wipe it and update it again?
    Yes, if you are able to do so.
    11-27-11 05:15 AM
    OK, here goes. I'll reply when it has finished and tell you how successful it has been.
    11-27-11 05:17 AM
    Ok, here's the weird part. I've wiped it and now I'm at the initial set-up and at the "Connect to wi-fi" part. My network has appeared and so has my neighbours. Hmm...
    11-27-11 05:22 AM
    Ok, here's the weird part. I've wiped it and now I'm at the initial set-up and at the "Connect to wi-fi" part. My network has appeared and so has my neighbours. Hmm...
    Okay, so that means it's working okay on 1.07... now let's see what happens AFTER it updates to 1.08.
    Rules out a hardware problem.
    11-27-11 05:24 AM
    Currently downloading Update Blackberry Tablet OS Version 1.0.8.4985.
    11-27-11 05:27 AM
    UHH.. This is awkward.. It actually worked.. Something so simple.. Um. Thanks. A lot, actually.. I was contemplating throwing it off of the wall.. So, thanks again!
    11-27-11 06:14 AM
    Np, glad it worked for you.
    11-27-11 06:19 AM
    Np, glad it worked for you.
    GO emtunc...... GO emtunc....... GO emtunc......... Wit yo bad sef!
    emtunc likes this.
    11-27-11 07:39 AM
    I've worked with computers since the 1970's (no, BJ, not the 1870's) and sometimes they just do what they want. No rhyme, no explanation and no consistency.

But also see the threads where the new 1.0.8 update may have issues with Routers using the N protocol.
    11-27-11 09:43 AM
    I bought a Playbook which had been security wiped and it only had Browser and Bridge but it was connected to my Wi-fi at the time and everything was fine. I obviously needed to connect it to my laptop and update it and the OS and whatever else. So I downloaded the Blackberry Desktop Software and updated the Playbook. It took around 2-3 hours to update. After the update I was eager to see all the new things on it, I went straight for the facebook app but then I couldn't log in because I was not connected to Wi-fi. I went to my Wi-fi settings and turned it on but it couldn't find my router. I tried restarting my router and the playbook numerous times but it still couldn't pick it up. And now when I plug the Playbook in for the Desktop Software it says "Blackberry Desktop Software cannot communicate with the connected device." SERIOUSLY? Someone tell me what is happening and how I can fix this. I've tried looking for the PB's IP but nothing comes up when I look under Network. I've tried almost everything, all that's left to do is throw at a wall. Someone tell me why it isn't finding my Wi-fi because it found it before I updated the OS and tell me why BBDS can't communicate with it connected!?
    Maybe try to degrade?
    11-27-11 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD