So after eons, I have finally given up on waiting for the PB to arrive in South Africa and have ordered MY 64gb PB with Dodo case from fellow CB addict BillyBob.

It will leave tomorrow and hopefully arrives in S.A. before the weekend. DHL said it would take 4-5 working days.

Another thing I hope someone can help me out with, with it being a used item, should there be any TAX or Import fees. I know, not many people will be familiar with S.A. Customs, but in general.

Anyway either way I'm super stoked!

One last thing, please any post suggestions of awesome apps. I think there is a sticky in regards to PB apps, so will definitely check that out, but just thought I would ask in case someone reads this and hasn't posted there.

I can't wait to join the ranks of P.B. Owners!!!! :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 03:57 PM
    Sorry folks, but free app recommendations would be greatly appreciated. You see, when you take the conversion rate of R7.5 to $1, add shipping etc. it all adds up. Although BillyBob (who after our lengthy BBM chats, I would call my friend), has got a corporate discount on shipping from DHL) and I still need to find out about insurance. So it all adds up.

So free apps, would be incredible guys.

Thanks in advance.

08-14-11 04:06 PM
    Congratulations on joining the PB flock!! I hope you enjoy it.

As for tariffs and customs, you can check out SARS (South African Revenue Service) website at South African Revenue Service - Customs Duty

Everyone has their favorite apps on the Playbook. What are your interests?

Cheers,
    08-14-11 04:08 PM
    Congratulations on joining the PB flock!! I hope you enjoy it.

As for tariffs and customs, you can check out SARS (South African Revenue Service) website at South African Revenue Service - Customs Duty

Everyone has their favorite apps on the Playbook. What are your interests?

Cheers,
    Anything and everything, I want to use my new PB (nearly said toy, and we all know the PB aint no toy) to the best of its ability.
    08-14-11 04:17 PM
    First thing I need to do is download BB Bridge, even though I wont even have my PB for a few more days I'm going to do it right now!
    08-14-11 04:22 PM
    Welcome to the club (for when it arrives anyway!)

Personal highlights from the free section for me:

IMT VNC
    Remote desktop client - i swear if these guys were charging i'd be calling up to ask for commission the amount of times i mention it!

Bubble Birds
    Good time waster, simple game but does the job

Sketchbook
    Simple drawing app, kinda like paint, basic but its enough

Flipclock
    Good nightstand app, just a clock, but it looks good

Scrapbook
    Not really messed around with it much but the results are quite good if thats your thing

Im not really a massive app user myself so there's loads more out there, but should give you something to get you started
    08-14-11 05:20 PM
    Welcome to the club (for when it arrives anyway!)

Personal highlights from the free section for me:

IMT VNC
    Remote desktop client - i swear if these guys were charging i'd be calling up to ask for commission the amount of times i mention it!

Bubble Birds
    Good time waster, simple game but does the job

Sketchbook
    Simple drawing app, kinda like paint, basic but its enough

Flipclock
    Good nightstand app, just a clock, but it looks good

Scrapbook
    Not really messed around with it much but the results are quite good if thats your thing

Im not really a massive app user myself so there's loads more out there, but should give you something to get you started
    Thanks Donnee, appreciate the help. I'm so excited! :-)

08-14-11 05:25 PM
    congrats =). i use the browser a lot lol! that does count as an 'app'
    08-14-11 09:14 PM
    congrats =). i use the browser a lot lol! that does count as an 'app'
    Ha ha. Well that's what I've been thinking as well. I'm sure I'm going to be lying on the couch watching the tv and on my PB.

Not sure how happy the wife will be with that. Oops! Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

08-14-11 10:20 PM
    Ha ha. Well that's what I've been thinking as well. I'm sure I'm going to be lying on the couch watching the tv and on my PB.

Not sure how happy the wife will be with that. Oops! Oh well, you can't win 'em all!

Since the playbook's size was patterned after a pocket book, get a book your wife likes, hollow it out, place your playbook inside and pretend you're reading.

And hope you don't get caught.
    08-14-11 10:54 PM
    The Bridge app is only needed for dl on your BB, the Playbook its already built in, you just need to pair the devices.

As for other apps? Not many to write home about, Facebook is there, a few games, most of the stuff I do I use the browser for and bookmark so its one click, like an app, but its the real sites.
    08-14-11 11:03 PM
    Since the playbook's size was patterned after a pocket book, get a book your wife likes, hollow it out, place your playbook inside and pretend you're reading.

And hope you don't get caught.
    Hey there frfghtr, I'm getting a Dodo case with it, so will see how long that fools her for. Lol.

She knows all about it though, so not gonna be able to hide much. Also her couch is behind mine so she'll see everything. Maybe its time for me to sacrifice the better couch, for privacy. Ha ha

08-15-11 12:37 AM
    The Bridge app is only needed for dl on your BB, the Playbook its already built in, you just need to pair the devices.

As for other apps? Not many to write home about, Facebook is there, a few games, most of the stuff I do I use the browser for and bookmark so its one click, like an app, but its the real sites.
    Thanks jthep, downloaded Bridge last night. Its all ready to go! :-D

08-15-11 12:40 AM
    Hey there frfghtr, I'm getting a Dodo case with it, so will see how long that fools her for. Lol.

She knows all about it though, so not gonna be able to hide much. Also her couch is behind mine so she'll see everything. Maybe its time for me to sacrifice the better couch, for privacy. Ha ha

See, that's your trouble. She's a back seat driver. Let her ride up front with you and everything will be A-Ok.

Enjoy your playbook.
    08-15-11 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD