I was at the eye doctor today and I was using my PB. The doctor walks by and says, :Oh the Playbook. How do ya like it"?
    I told him I loved it and would not be without it. And since the upgrade its even better.
    He asks to have a look at it so I said sure.
    He taps the calendar icon, watches it come up and says.."This thing is way way to slow. I'm glad I have an IPad". Hands it back to me and walks away.
    Seriously...you make your whole judgement on the PB by tapping the calendar?
    Dork
    03-08-12 09:44 PM
    lol thats when i ask the iPad owners how the youtube watching is going cus its great on my pb
    03-08-12 09:52 PM
    well hey, you trust your eyesight to that dork. Make sure you get a Second opinion any prescriptions he gives you lol
    ninepbs and bbmtna like this.
    03-08-12 09:53 PM
    Eyeballs are gross.
    03-08-12 09:54 PM
    I don't know why, but I found this thread title so funny.
    03-08-12 09:56 PM
    Lol, I had my eyes checked recently and took my PlayBook and had them take pictures of me with different frames so I could decide later haha. The lady thought my PlayBook was so cool
    03-08-12 10:14 PM
    what a geezer. is your optometrist old?

and isn't it rude to open up somebody's calendar?? maybe it's just me...
    03-08-12 10:15 PM
    Slow? I'd tell him to get his eyes checked.
    hpjrt, LewLew23, peter9477 and 2 others like this.
    03-08-12 10:18 PM
    Lol, I had my eyes checked recently and took my PlayBook and had them take pictures of me with different frames so I could decide later haha. The lady thought my PlayBook was so cool
    If you switch to the front camera, you could take the pics yourself.
    03-08-12 10:19 PM
    Lol! How about the following synonyms...goober, weenie, schmuck...dweeb! Here's another one...iDr Dork!
    03-08-12 10:31 PM
  11. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    hmmm .. one of the top laser eye docs here in Toronto ... uses both blackberry and Playbook in his office .. loves the Playbook! ....
    Joanne17 and hpjrt like this.
    03-08-12 10:34 PM
    Lol! How about the following synonyms...goober, weenie, schmuck...dweeb! Here's another one...iDr Dork!
    That's funny, he's an iDoctor...
    Philldoe, wiggy1, merp23 and 10 others like this.
    03-08-12 10:53 PM
    Next time you go, note on your pb calendar "iDork appointment" and note to this entry "my doc technologically is i-blind and a dork", or "how an optometrist cannot really see the difference between a pb and an ipad"
    Then have him take another go on your calendar and ask him. "see???"
    03-09-12 02:12 AM
    lol thats when i ask the iPad owners how the youtube watching is going cus its great on my pb
    ???? The iPad has YouTube. The PBs YouTube can't even upload a video, see your videos you uploaded, check your favs or any of that.

Oh that's right, your gonna tell me use the browser for that. Then why have an app for it in the first place.

I love my PB, but come on have a serious answer or at least visit this guys optometrist.
    03-09-12 02:20 AM
    does he use an app called iEye to check your eye?
    alan510 likes this.
    03-09-12 02:31 AM
    what a geezer. is your optometrist old?

and isn't it rude to open up somebody's calendar?? maybe it's just me...
    Completely rude. I don't hand over my PB or phone to very many people.
    03-09-12 10:08 AM
    I was at the eye doctor today and I was using my PB. The doctor walks by and says, :Oh the Playbook. How do ya like it"?
    I told him I loved it and would not be without it. And since the upgrade its even better.
    He taps the calendar icon, watches it come up and says.."This thing is way way to slow. I'm glad I have an IPad". Hands it back to me and walks away.
    Dork
    The native PIM stuff is kind of poky, truth be told -- both Messages and Calendar. I'm sticking with my 9810 and Bridge.
    03-09-12 10:32 AM
    Hahaha this is just too funny
    03-09-12 11:06 AM
    Now that's funny!
    03-09-12 11:14 AM
    does he use an app called iEye to check your eye?
    That's funny, he's an iDoctor...
    Hilarious! They just keep coming! But seriously, don't [Blackberry, Android, Windows users] badger Apple fans for defending their products just the same?
    03-09-12 11:19 AM
    I would have asked him how Flash enabled websites work on his iPad.

BTW, I have an iPad2 and prefer the PB for my mail. Far fewer taps and swipes to read my emails.
    03-09-12 11:30 AM
    Dork
    the native apps for email contacts and calendar load very slowly

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    03-09-12 11:37 AM
    that is wild.... guess he just couldn't "SEE" it ah....

agree dork A+
    03-09-12 12:05 PM
    Lol Next time remind him he needs your business if he plans on buying that 'new ipad', or else he's stuck with an incredibly low priced, cheap, superior tablet.. And no iDr wants to be called cheap...
    03-09-12 12:14 PM
    That Apple fanboy dork optometrist was really curious about the expanding numbers in the calender app...interesting
    03-09-12 12:21 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD