When starting up my Bberry, it takes about 4 minutes to load. It's been this way since I got it 3 years ago and I've barely used it since. Is it normal for it to take this long and if not, how long is the standard bootup?
    11-29-15 08:00 PM
    Yup

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    11-29-15 08:05 PM
    This is a normal boot up time, believe it or not, and it is the main reason why many people who own them would never turn them off. I have owned a Playbook for 3 years and have rarely powered the device off. I just leave it on ALL the time, swipe up to get to the desktop.
    11-29-15 09:44 PM
    Which OS do you have on your PB?
    Although the PB is no longer supported the most recent OS update (2.1.0.1917) did improve the boot time to some degree at the expense of preventing any rooting of device and with the loss of some features.

If you haven't updated I would suggest NOT to and just keep the device on and in standby...the PB do have fantastic battery life...., but if you want to try and speed up the boot give the update a go. The response won't be tremendously different.
    11-29-15 10:06 PM
    Well, I'll disagree a bit here. My boot times are about 2 min. 30 secs. It is also possible to boot up quicker (under 2 minutes, maybe as low as 1.5 minutes), but this would involve wiping your Playbook, then REFUSING the update during reload of the OS, and then sideloading only those system apps that you actually want/use. FWIW, my $100 Windows tablet boots up in about 25 seconds.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-30-15 02:36 PM
    Definitely a slow boot time and nothing much you can do other than maybe some advanced configuration. I rarely turn mine off and it's usually only if it runs out of battery (used to make sure it doesn't, but it isn't used as much as it used to), or if there's a need to reboot (system hanging and app issues).
    12-01-15 06:36 AM