- CrackBerry User
- 64 Posts
My new PlayBook and Windows 8
My new 64GB playbook won't connect to Windows 8. Googling the problem shows it's quite widespread problem.
I can move things over by wi-fi but it takes a long time, and it doesn't let me back-up or synch items as I would want to.
- CrackBerry User
01-28-2013, 08:22 AM #3
- 63 Posts
With your PlayBook connected, go to device manager on your PC. You should see an error on the PlayBook driver. Open the driver and click on roll back driver. This solved it for me...after some significant frustration!
Bold 9700 Bold 9900Z10 bridged with 64GB PlayBook
RIMBB investor - I used to believe!
- 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM #4
My course of action is to only use the Vista machines. It's a lot less stressful and works. Sorry if your not in a position to do that but Microsoft I suppose will eventually get around to fixing this issue.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-28-2013, 08:56 AM #6
- 125 Posts
I managed to get it working by downloading the windows 7 drivers, right clicking them and choosing to troubleshoot compatibility and set the files to work as Windows 7.
Then install them and you'll get a driver error from device manager. Right click the driver error and choose to install a driver from your computer. Then choose the wireless driver you downloaded earlier. This seemed to work for me but it took a lot of attempts. Wireless sharing isn't working for me either. Yeah, its a real hassle. Basically play around with settings til you get there.
01-28-2013, 09:11 AM #8
- 11,241 Posts
I wonder if this will allow me to actually get my Berry to tether again...
- By lovin2act in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 10-26-2011, 03:17 PM
- By gtfrede in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 17Last Post: 11-12-2008, 08:52 AM
- By rdrz in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:47 AM
- By AndyRose in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 3Last Post: 02-23-2008, 09:35 AM
- By ferg19776 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 5Last Post: 10-21-2007, 06:49 PM