HI
    I just bought a new 32GB playbook when i just turned it on it gave me blue screen to choose language but it hang on
    and the screen doesn't work
    i tried to update it via desktop software but that didn't work
    please some one help me
    alan510 likes this.
    01-06-13 08:24 PM
    I had a problem as well when I first got my PlayBook. Others I know also had some difficulty. I think it had something to do with the WiFi and once I that connection sorted out it worked perfectly. So you might want to make sure your signal strength is good. As well, your PlayBook needs to have at least 20% power to work. You might want to plug it in to the wall socket for a couple of hours (or even overnight) and see if that helps.
    01-06-13 08:43 PM
    maybe its the power because my WiFi connection is very good
    01-06-13 09:18 PM
    I had initial setup problem where the country field is simply not populated with countries to choose from no matter what I do. Technical support, which was kind and tried to help all they could but to no avail.

I ended up going one step backward in the setup process, and selected time zone manually instead of auto, then all problems solved.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-06-13 11:16 PM
    the battery full but still hanging
    it gave me the blue screen when it just turned on but i cant do anything with it
    I've tried to connect it with my PC via usb but still not working
    please help me
    I've bought it from the US and I'm outside of it
    01-07-13 12:09 AM
    Are you on the Agreement screen?

Try this: Go back to the Welcome screen and Choose English for Language and U.S. for Country/Region. I had the Agreement Screen problem and changing the Welcome screen fixed it. When you then go to the Agreement screen the pull down choices should appear.
    01-07-13 12:12 AM
    no its not like that
    I cant do anything when i turns it on it gives me multi languages to choose but i cant cuz the screen freeze i cant choose
    01-07-13 12:37 AM
    Okay, it is the first screen as per attached. So is the screen completely frozen or can you scroll down and select a language? If you can choose a language can you then sweep the screen from right to left to go to the next screen?
    Attached Thumbnails my new playbook hangs in language selection-img_20121283.jpg  
    01-07-13 12:44 AM
    Okay, it is the first screen as per attached. So is the screen completely frozen or can you scroll down and select a language? If you can choose a language can you then sweep the screen from right to left to go to the next screen?
    thats whats appears to me the same screen you put
    and the screen completely frozen
    alan510 likes this.
    01-07-13 02:27 AM
    I had this problem in both of the 16PBs I have. As the other poster said it might me the wifi. In my case(s) I just waited for 30secs and the countries selection was populated.
    01-07-13 04:08 AM
    I had this problem in both of the 16PBs I have. As the other poster said it might me the wifi. In my case(s) I just waited for 30secs and the countries selection was populated.
    I'm thinking about refund it
    I've waited for a whole night nothing change
    01-07-13 05:06 AM
    have you tried hard reset? Press all three keys power, volume up, volume down at same time for about 15 seconds.
    01-07-13 05:44 AM
    have you tried hard reset? Press all three keys power, volume up, volume down at same time for about 15 seconds.
    I've tried every thing even update it via desktop software
    if there is no other ways to fix that i think i should returns it
    01-07-13 07:32 AM
    Can I ask you if you tried RIM support? As well, you mention you bought this from the US. Does a return/replacement policy exist so you receive a new one in exchange for a defective device? May I ask what you did when you updated with the desktop manager? Did it update your software to the newest version and then freeze at the language screen after rebooting or did something else occur? Sorry for so many questions but your issue is a mystery and it would be great if we could solve it with you.
    01-07-13 08:38 AM
    Try the Debrick procedure with EMPHASIS on making sure that the PB is fully OFF (make sure the screen is fully black when in a dark closet)

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for a while
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    01-07-13 09:43 AM
    Try the Debrick procedure with EMPHASIS on making sure that the PB is fully OFF (make sure the screen is fully black when in a dark closet)

Try the Debrick method....

Perform a backup of your pb if you can using Desktop Manager or, at least, manually coping any unique data, photos, voice recordings, documents, etc.

3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    I've tried every thing
    i think im gonna returns it
    01-07-13 05:58 PM
    I also have the same problem as you, now I can not return to version 2.1.0.1314.

I Try the Debrick method....
    -------------------------------------------
    -----------
    and get the message "An error has occurred while updating your device's software. Unspecified error encountered [A: 0x000000A2]" .
    please help me.
    Thanks
    01-18-13 12:35 AM
    Have same problem with my BBPB after an update 2.1.0.1753 it is frozen on blue screen list of language , setup wizard, i try every method don't work out , anyone can help ? or any idea to move on
    09-28-14 12:25 AM