I know there are many threads on tips for using the playbook, but I thought I would share my little toolkit with you guys.

Toshiba E205 Laptop
    Playbook wirelessly linked to Toshiba via Connectify-Me, IMT VNC and TightVNC (Thanks to "d3adcrad") http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...n-tool-654109/
    Vivitek Qumi Micro LED Projector
    Audio is an Altec Lansing "Orbit" speaker (see later post) for small rooms and hope to get a "Monster ClarityHD Bluetooth" Speaker in future

UPDATE: this is the beast audio speaker I will get, https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=2jx73LDe

Blackberry 9700 (took the photo)

All items and associated cables etc fit into my laptop bag.

As an ESL teacher, My dream of a totally mobile and interactive classroom is now a reality

Thanks to ALL the contributors here who gave me the knowledge to put my thoughts into action.
    Last edited by Scrapegoat; 10-03-11 at 10:51 PM.
    09-25-11 11:56 PM
    Good work, bro! I too looked at d3adcrad's thread and got the Remote desktop working too! I've been inspired by your post actually, (also a big ups to blackjack for showing his setup a while ago), I'm going to show my playbook lab setup at work. Going to try to VNC to my lab computer while taking experiements, haha, I'll be taking data in the lab but from the comfort of my office.
    Scrapegoat likes this.
    09-26-11 12:10 AM
    Good work, bro! I too looked at d3adcrad's thread and got the Remote desktop working too! I've been inspired by your post actually, (also a big ups to blackjack for showing his setup a while ago), I'm going to show my playbook lab setup at work. Going to try to VNC to my lab computer while taking experiements, haha, I'll be taking data in the lab but from the comfort of my office.
    Thanks for the feedback and glad I could provide some inspiration too.

My presentation, pictured, is quite complex with many links to audio, video, still photo, interactive applications and pdf documents and further links contained within those, all stored on my computer without need for an internet connection, and using just the "Hotspot" capability.

It is yet to be delivered and I spent the morning playing with the controls on IMT VNC and it IS possible to give a very complex presentation remotely, however, the ability for precise touch of the tiny links and control of scrolling on the PB screen is a bit hit and miss and you can find yourself struggling. It would be great to get "pinch to zoom" as a feature.

I also found the "mouse control" buttons to be fairly intuitive, as long as you don't try to rush everything.

For the simple part of the presentations, the wireless control is great for allowing me to move around the room without cables, progressing the slideshow as I go, and its nice to have all the animations and transitions in the presentation vs presenting directly from PB. For the more complex operations, I would simply use the keyboard of the laptop to progress the presentation through the complex parts.

The Qumi projector is a fantastic little tool that I have owned for a couple of weeks now and it has been a boon for me and well received by my students.
    Last edited by Scrapegoat; 09-26-11 at 03:55 AM.
    09-26-11 12:27 AM
    Awesome setup
    Thanks for sharing and to d3adcrad as well- me likes success stories

Looks Portable, Powerful and Professional.

Love the contribution of the 9700 - (me too!) cute - it's like a little family.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 09-26-11 at 01:21 AM.
    Scrapegoat likes this.
    09-26-11 01:18 AM
    Awesome, loving the resourcefulness!!

Now, just be sure to tell find a clever, yet subtle way to tell everyone at the start of the presentation that you are using a PlayBook! :P
    Scrapegoat likes this.
    09-26-11 03:07 AM
    Awesome, loving the resourcefulness!!

Now, just be sure to tell find a clever, yet subtle way to tell everyone at the start of the presentation that you are using a PlayBook! :P
    Just put a credit in the presentation....
    They will be wondering all through out it anyway...assuming its an iPad.
    Scrapegoat likes this.
    09-26-11 04:05 AM
    The previous photo wasn't complete without the audio.... so here is the updated pic

For a little speaker, this little guy puts out a decent noise
    09-26-11 05:49 AM
    One more for the record, close up of the "VNC connection". Please excuse the quality, 9700, low light and no flash due to not wanting the "flash glare"
    09-26-11 06:04 AM
    I'm having a lot of trouble connecting the PB with IMT VNC, i always get the message "an IO error occured: ioError, Error # 2031" or the "connection lost". I really need to get this right as I want to make my thesis defense with this setup.

I got connectify.me running and got the hotspot to work, the PB connects to the connectify.me hotspot, which has an IP address of 192.168.211.1, with this ip address the test VNC connection on the PB succeeds, but when I try to connect I get the "connection lost" message.

When I put my computers IP in the playbook, which i got from ipconfig, the PB cannot test the VNC connection and i get the IO error.

I don't know what else to do, as I have already tried everything I could think of, please help me.
    10-09-11 05:28 AM
    That's really cool! What we be even cooler is if you put a video of the setup and how it works using the PlayBook.
    10-09-11 10:50 AM
    I'm having a lot of trouble connecting the PB with IMT VNC, i always get the message "an IO error occured: ioError, Error # 2031" or the "connection lost". I really need to get this right as I want to make my thesis defense with this setup.

I got connectify.me running and got the hotspot to work, the PB connects to the connectify.me hotspot, which has an IP address of 192.168.211.1, with this ip address the test VNC connection on the PB succeeds, but when I try to connect I get the "connection lost" message.

When I put my computers IP in the playbook, which i got from ipconfig, the PB cannot test the VNC connection and i get the IO error.

I don't know what else to do, as I have already tried everything I could think of, please help me.

Are you using a third party firewall? or just windows firewall? if the latter did you allow setup to add the rules you need? if the former may need to adjust your rules.

Another thing to check is are you using the right IP address from ipconfig...sometimes you have many different ones due to multiple adapters.
    Last edited by d3adcrab; 10-09-11 at 11:03 AM.
    10-09-11 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD