Hello everyone.
    I wanted to share my idea of a custom car mount for my PB. First off I am a product designer by profession so this is what I do for a living.

I have a pretty much useless cubby in my 09' 370Z. It is sized almost perfectly for the playbook as you can see in the picture. The hinges of the door interfere just a tad with the PB so right now it doesn't fit flush. I plan on removing the door. Design a custom insert to fill the gaps around the PB. The PB will either slide or snap into the insert, not sure yet either way it has to be easily removed from the cubby. Once designed I will get my insert rapid prototyped (3D printed so to speak out of plastic). Giving it a hopefully factory look.

Does anyone here drive a newer Nissan? I am wondering if the Maximas, or Altimas share the same cubby sizing as the Z? I am thinking maybe others could benefit from the design and use it in there cars as well, because I highly doubt there are a lot of PB/Z owners out there...

07-10-11 12:56 PM
    looks pretty cool! more pics when you get a prototype made up. Not that I own a PB or a Z, but custom stuff like this is pretty cool.
    07-10-11 01:34 PM
    Very nice. Im trying to figure one up for my Mazdaspeed 3. I want to be able to use the back camera though.
    07-10-11 02:55 PM
    Is that a stinger I see as your wallpaper? Comon, I know you're a shock rifle kinda guy...
    07-10-11 03:25 PM
    Is that a stinger I see as your wallpaper? Comon, I know you're a shock rifle kinda guy...
    lol hat it doesn't matter what weapon I choose I will still own your @ss!! Besides the Stinger is for n00bs! But no the bg is from Brink.
    07-10-11 03:27 PM
    Pfffttt, looks like we got some ****s to settle in the next match we run into each other...

On your project tho, looks pretty cool, if you were closer I'd for sure want to be tinkering on that project as well. Love integrating mobile stuff.
    07-10-11 03:30 PM
    Love the idea, I drive an Infiniti FX35 - I should go out and measure the Nav screen to see what the measurements are on that....
    07-10-11 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD