It seems to be working fine now but just not too long ago my browser kept crashing, exiting out by itself like after i would be on the web for like 20 seconds on some sites. Happened like 4 times in a row. (i keep pressing space bar twice right now thinking it would make a period like it would on my torch, i'm typing this on my pb right now. )

I just hope that was a small phase and it's not going to crash anymore.
    04-21-11 12:59 AM
    i just bought this playbook yesterday and my browser has been constantly crashing on me for no apparent reason(among many other glitches). a few times after it crashed and i tried opening the browser back up, the playbook would freeze and not allow me to do anything but hold the power button and restart or turn it off. and then after that i would hope that it turned on fine and didnt just turn on and show the wallpaper and nothing else(would have to restart it again and hopefully it would start up fine). but in terms of the unit itself everything seems okay (lcd, hardware, etc). so im hoping these problems will be fixed soon with updates
    04-21-11 09:23 PM
    Has not happened to me yet. Can you guys give me some websites it crashed on so I can see if it happens due to the site doing something funky or if its just an isolated problem.
    04-21-11 10:08 PM
    My browser crashes EVERY TIME. It will always open fine at the bookmarks page. It's behavior is not consistent. I can't seem to find a common denominator other than the possibility of a hardware issue. Some sites crash instantly, some will crash after touching the screen to pan. Some will crash whether I disable images, Flash, and/or Javascript content.

Bridge Browser also crashes in a like manner. Also have not been able to access my Bridge Apps; even when it shows a New Message icon in the PB. After the bridge connection is made with my 9630 Tour, all the icons do is dim when selected.

Kobo Books App crashes after it loads or while loading.

I tried another Wi-Fi hotspot location to rule out router issues.

App World, YouTube App, Music Store, and other stand-alone apps that access the internet and play Flash/Javascript media all appear to work.

Help App crashes after selecting a topic. Luckily, the Support Tools works and I've been able to send logs to Tech Support (with incident number).

I spent 2 hours talking to Tech Support Tiers 1, 2 and 3. They asked for the logs to review. I just sent them a new log after crashing the browser as the only action taken after completing a full security wipe and fresh restart. They want 24-48 hours to comb through logs.

v1.0.1.1710
    Last edited by Sonic_SOGMC; 04-27-11 at 08:16 PM. Reason: v1.0.1.1710
    04-27-11 05:18 PM
    I have not had a browser crash yet. That's gotta suck though!
    04-27-11 05:20 PM
    It seems to be working fine now but just not too long ago my browser kept crashing, exiting out by itself like after i would be on the web for like 20 seconds on some sites.
    RIM promised "the full browser internet experience", they included crashes so it would simulate desktop browsers that crash as well.
    04-27-11 05:32 PM
    RIM promised "the full browser internet experience", they included crashes so it would simulate desktop browsers that crash as well.
    hahaha good point.

No crashes here either
    04-27-11 05:47 PM
    to those who are complaining...are you running the newest os build 1710?

i have 0 issues with the browser.
    04-27-11 05:52 PM
    mine kept crashing while listening to a podcast and browsing to cnn. Its not crashing right now with the same podcast playing and posting on this site. Will keep trying to duplicate it.....
    04-27-11 05:58 PM
    Mine has been horrible lately, crashes and very hard to navigate!
    PB is running more like BB phone than a laptop!
    04-27-11 06:16 PM
    My 32gig, 1710 version browser (page) crashed repeatedly on Facebook. I eventually noticed I had lots of apps running in the background as well as 3 other tabs in the browser activated. I closed the other apps but unfortunately did a hard reboot too, so I can't say which action fixed the problem, as upon restart.
    04-27-11 06:24 PM
    It happened to me too, and then I realized the reason the browser crashed is that I had too many apps open and the memory was very low. With other other apps closed and the memory back at around 300mb, it never crashed.
    04-27-11 06:44 PM
    i have had my browser crash a few times while streaming tv shows from hulu (while it was operational on the playbook) and any other site such as nbc, history channel, and mtv. i have the latest 1710 OS too. Hopefully this gets fixed with the 1.0.3 update!
    05-02-11 06:16 PM
    Just a follow-up: Tier 3 BB Tech Support Analyst reviewed logs and after several re-installs and security wipes to fix the browser crash issue went unsuccessful all last week, they called me back today (day 14) and told me to return or exchange it.

Staples took my 64Gb model back for a refund as they only had 16's on hand.

I believe it was a hardware issue and since it was the last day to return it, I did not attempt to update with the new OS released today.

Bummer though...lot's of great news coming out of BBWorld!
    05-02-11 07:43 PM
    I watch Breakfast Television Toronto in the morning while getting ready for work and after about 10 -15 mins the video freezes and browser crashes... I then reload the browser and still nothing. I try You Tube and a bunch of other streaming sites and NOTHING. I restart my PB and BOOM, works again. This is the reason I purchased a PB, to watch streaming video without having to download an ap. Please tell me this is software and not hardware and that I should be expecting an update soon. PS Everything else is awesome!
    shick11sp likes this.
    05-11-11 10:59 AM
    My browser crashes EVERY TIME. It will always open fine at the bookmarks page. It's behavior is not consistent. I can't seem to find a common denominator other than the possibility of a hardware issue. Some sites crash instantly, some will crash after touching the screen to pan. Some will crash whether I disable images, Flash, and/or Javascript content.

Bridge Browser also crashes in a like manner. Also have not been able to access my Bridge Apps; even when it shows a New Message icon in the PB. After the bridge connection is made with my 9630 Tour, all the icons do is dim when selected.

Kobo Books App crashes after it loads or while loading.

I tried another Wi-Fi hotspot location to rule out router issues.

App World, YouTube App, Music Store, and other stand-alone apps that access the internet and play Flash/Javascript media all appear to work.

Help App crashes after selecting a topic. Luckily, the Support Tools works and I've been able to send logs to Tech Support (with incident number).

I spent 2 hours talking to Tech Support Tiers 1, 2 and 3. They asked for the logs to review. I just sent them a new log after crashing the browser as the only action taken after completing a full security wipe and fresh restart. They want 24-48 hours to comb through logs.

v1.0.1.1710
    hOLLY **** so you ended up returning it??
    I have exactly the same behavior with a 1.0.3.1868 OS
    05-11-11 11:44 AM
    I have been having the same problems with my browser today as well..

Quick fix go to the browsers options then go to privacy and security scroll down and clear all setting, then power the PlayBook off.

I have not powered my Playbook off for more than week guess it just needed to be cleared and rebooted all has been working fine for the past 4 hours.

Hope this helps you all.

Cheers
    05-11-11 10:15 PM
    Browser works with good internet connection only. Weak wifi signal or brdging means trouble.
    05-12-11 08:54 AM
    the reason of crashing in browser or freezing in apps is due to low RAM. When you are doing multitasking you have to consider the hardware profile of Playbook, each apps or tab in browser uses amount of RAM, Playbook multitasking has limitation and must not exceed to that, please take care of the playbook, though it can multitask, it doesn't mean that it can handle all that you want to do, RAM is use by open apps, open tab, switching of task and by many other things, please take care of playbook, always check the RAM size remaining of playbook. go to setting>>about>>hardware then check the remaining RAM, better have atleast 200MB RAM remaining, thanks.
    05-12-11 10:49 AM
    the reason of crashing in browser or freezing in apps is due to low RAM. When you are doing multitasking you have to consider the hardware profile of Playbook, each apps or tab in browser uses amount of RAM, Playbook multitasking has limitation and must not exceed to that, please take care of the playbook, though it can multitask, it doesn't mean that it can handle all that you want to do, RAM is use by open apps, open tab, switching of task and by many other things, please take care of playbook, always check the RAM size remaining of playbook. go to setting>>about>>hardware then check the remaining RAM, better have atleast 200MB RAM remaining, thanks.
    even when it's the only app running, browser keeps crashing on me...
    my best bet is to constantly backup my settings and when this happens, restore
    05-19-11 09:05 PM
    I have been having the same problems with my browser today as well..

Quick fix go to the browsers options then go to privacy and security scroll down and clear all setting, then power the PlayBook off.

I have not powered my Playbook off for more than week guess it just needed to be cleared and rebooted all has been working fine for the past 4 hours.

Hope this helps you all.

Cheers

I have had my browser crash a few times just randomly, no reason just does it. And also from time to time it will start to run VERY slow. The best fix I have found for this is to clear your cache and everything else in your browser. Same thing you do on your computer if your browser is running slow or crashing or not working at all. Give it a try and go from there.
    05-19-11 09:21 PM
    I have had my PB since saturday and never had a crash until today, it crashed 4 times, no other apps running at the time. Will clear everything and see if that fixes it.
    05-19-11 11:21 PM
    I seam to be having the same problem, well only with the bbc iplayer site, seems to take ages to load any videos and then will eventually freeze anybody else having this sort of problems? apart from that it doesn't crash on any other sites. i did think the latest update may fix it with flash 10.3 but so far no joy
    06-23-11 01:57 AM
    in what may be the ultimate irony my pb just crashed while reading this thread...
    only 1 tab of browser open and no other apps running...1.0.6 latest. I had to hold down power and left vol as it was frozen. This seems to be recurring since the 1.0.5 rev ... 1.0.6 seems a bit better as 5 froze 80% of the time i used it. I hope this is fixed soon
    06-23-11 07:42 AM
    My 16g playbook software is up to date july 15/11 and still experiencing browser issues. I find my browser crashes the most while using the blaq twitter app, although it does crash when I open new tabs on the browser. It starts to load (halfway) and than stops, blank page. I try to refresh the page, close the browser and open it again and same blank page. I than have no choice but to restart the playbook to fix. unfortunatly this is just a temporary fix, it keeps happening after approx 1 hour browsing.
    07-15-11 03:58 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD