I don't know what's wrong with it, i thought i broke the charger so i used a bb cellphone charger and it worked but after a while it didn't work again. So i got a new one and it still won't charge . It doesn't have the green light or red light when i charge it and i didn't see the lighting bolt too, it still turns on but shut downs after 15-20 seconds. PLEASE HELP!!
    02-15-13 02:51 PM
    First, you should use the charger that came with your PlayBook. A phone charger would be really slow. Leave it charging for a few hours.
    02-15-13 03:00 PM
    Try the three pin rapid charger, they work really good.
    02-15-13 04:30 PM
    If you don't want to spring for a charging dock (Staples had them on sale as recently as last week, word had it...but I already have three docks, and it didn't make sense to get another one, no matter how good the price) you should be able to find a good price on various websites, at a managable price.
    02-15-13 09:06 PM
    Is the USB pin bent upwards?
    02-15-13 09:08 PM
    Is the USB pin bent upwards?
    Yes that's why I have a.new one
    02-16-13 03:48 PM
    First, you should use the charger that came with your PlayBook. A phone charger would be really slow. Leave it charging for a few hours.
    My first one already broke so I got a new playbook charger but it still won't work
    02-16-13 03:55 PM
    Yes that's why I have a.new one
    He was talking about the port on the PB not the charger. With the PB laying on it back look at the plastic tab inside the port. It should be towards the bottom(backside) . If try you plug the USB charger in upside it will bend the tab up making charging nearly impossible. Be sure the BB logo facing up on the charger(screen side) when you plug it in.
    02-16-13 03:57 PM
    Bending the USB port on the PB by inserting the charger plug upside down is (unfortunately) very easy to do... the plug is only slightly keyed and I've done it myself.

I put a white blob of typing correction fluid on my charger plug now so I can see at a glance which way is up.

Tho' as said above, buying a rapid charger that connects to the magnetic port is well worth the outlay. It's faster (duh! ) and won't further damage the USB port on the PB.
    02-16-13 05:01 PM
    I've had my BBP for about 18 months. It's been fine up until this week when it will not charge. I've used the original charger and occasionally used the phone one by mistake. When I plug it in I get a red battery on screen for a while. This disappears and the charging light flashes red, then green; the BBP logo comes on screen and it looks as though it's opening up and then it shuts itself down again. Then begins the whole process again but it never holding any charge. Has anyone had any similar experience. I am thinking about going and buying a new rapid charger in case the one I have is faulty. I've rebooted several times but with no success. Anyone got any ideas?
    Last edited by sixsmithp; 04-05-13 at 09:18 AM.
    04-05-13 04:36 AM
    I've had my BBP for about 18 months. It's been fine up until this week when it will not charge. I've used the original charger and occasionally used the phone one by mistake. When I plug it in I get a red battery on screen for a while. This disappears and the charging light flashes red, then green; the BBP logo comes on screen and it looks as though it's opening up and then it shuts itself down again. Then begins the whole process again but it never holding any charge. Has anyone had any similar experience. I am thinking about going and buying a new rapid charger in case the one I have is faulty. I've rebooted several times but with no success. Anyone got any ideas?
    This may be the case of the OS being a problem. BUT first, plug it in and leave it alone overnight. If it continues the cycle of lights/screen/off, when in that process, PRESS and HOLD the power button for 5-10 seconds, hopefully turning it OFF. Then try the overnight charge. Do not try checking on it, the screen alone can take the charge out if too low. So place on charger and then leave it.
    04-05-13 09:37 AM
    Hey people,

Just been on the phone to blackberry, arranging all sorts of pick up/deliovery, talk of losing all the data and photos.

SOLVED after two seconds on this page. It would seem one of my darling daughters had bent the usb port slightly upwards so charger only fitted upside down. bent it back VERY gently......Done. No �35 magnetic charger or delivery loss of data. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FF22 likes this.
    04-05-13 10:48 AM
    Hey people,

Just been on the phone to blackberry, arranging all sorts of pick up/deliovery, talk of losing all the data and photos.

SOLVED after two seconds on this page. It would seem one of my darling daughters had bent the usb port slightly upwards so charger only fitted upside down. bent it back VERY gently......Done. No �35 magnetic charger or delivery loss of data. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FIRST - BACKUP all of your data ANYWAY!!!! Just because.

Next, that usb port on the pb invites trouble and one of those daughters is no different from many other folks that have accidentally inserted the usb plug upsidedown. The port is ON-The-Go usb which accommodates a more rectangular type plug but unfortunately lends itself to upsidedown insertion of micro usb plugs which leads to the connector board bending out of position.

I would still recommend the magnetic charger to avoid such accidents and avoid stressing the port.

The TRAVEL version is more versatile (the dock can have trouble with some cases)
    04-05-13 11:44 AM
    i had to get a little pin and very gently push it down so that the charger went in right. fixed it and its okay now
    04-14-13 01:33 PM
    I just did what you did and it's working just fine. I was afraid i was going to damage the usb-port but apparently i didn't because it's blinking green .. is it supposed to blink ??? if not i'm going for the warranty.
    Thanks for the tip.
    04-14-13 07:59 PM
    I dropped my blackberry playbook while I was laying in the bed to on the ground and now it won't charge at all but I know it still works because it had a lil battery and I was still using it. Help me please!!!!!!!!!
    04-23-13 09:23 AM
    I dropped my blackberry playbook while I was laying in the bed to on the ground and now it won't charge at all but I know it still works because it had a lil battery and I was still using it. Help me please!!!!!!!!!
    Was it plugged into the usb cable or charging? It might have bent the connector board. Otherwise, the fall might have damaged something inside. If it shows no sign of damage, then you might be able to get a warranty repair:

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    Smartphones BlackBerry Z10 - Tous les T�l�phones Portables BlackBerry - FR - France
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

BlackBerry� Customer Support Center
    Austria:0800-297-476
    Belgium:800-77-980
    RIM (Brasil Support toll free number): 0800-022-3161
    Bulgaria: 00800-118-1115
    Denmark: 802-50198
    France: 800-914-533
    Germany: 800-181-6530
    Italy: 800-789-272
    Luxembourg: 800-2-2187
    Netherlands: 800-022-7316
    Norway: 00-1-647-426-7058
    Poland: 00-800-112-43-59
    Portugal: 800-827-760
    Russia: 8-800-100-9643
    South Africa: 0800988892
    Spain: 900-866-969
    Sweden: 02-079-4448
    Switzerland: 0-800-802-492
    United Kingdom: 08000962805

Phone-Numbers of BlackBerry PLAYBOOK- Helpdesks...

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Geb�hrenfrei)

North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)

UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)

Outside UK: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

[email protected]

(BTW: Helpdesk for BlackBerry devices -except PlayBook- for Germany:
    0180 3302626)
    04-23-13 09:44 AM
    I can feel your frustration because up until yesterday, I was also frustrated. You need to use the charger that comes with the Playbook...not the one for your phone. My phone charger has worked in the past for the Playbook as well but when you're having charging issues, the phone charger doesn't have enough juice.

After trying many of the "solutions" listed on here over the past 2 months, I finally sat down and dedicated an hour of non-stop trial and error so I could honestly say that I gave it my best shot. I did the "stack charging" method, and timed for 2 minutes at a time, plug in the electrical socket....plug out of the electrical socket. After doing this 8 times (16 - 2 minute intervals) the Playbook would finally turn on. I had to press the power button on and off multiple times but it worked. Then, just when I thought it was about to work, I got the screen that said I had to plug it into an electrical socket to charge it because it wouldn't perform any updates unless it was at least 20% charged. Considering that it was PLUGGED IN when this message came up, I nearly threw the whole thing out the window. I felt so defeated!! So......I turned it off and proceeded to turn it on and off multiple times until I got a solid green light and then I charged it for about 4 hours and then when I turned it off and back on....TA DA.....it started to charge. I now have a fully functional BlackBerry Playbook again!! Needless to say, it was a very frustrating experience but I wanted to post on here that it can be done if you have the patience and you take the time and committ to the process that so many people on here (and other help sites) are claiming works. I wanted to say that it worked for me......
    FF22 likes this.
    09-03-13 12:04 PM
    Try the three pin rapid charger, they work really good.
    ^ This. My wife's PB quit taking a charge from either of the standard PB chargers we have. It isn't a charger issue since mine works from either one. But it does work using the rapid charger.
    09-03-13 02:25 PM
    I have a similar problem, but in my case, it's the magnetic quick charger / night stand that won't charge my PB, but it will charge my wife's.
    No idea what to do, other than substitute the regular charger. Does the unit need a reset of some kind? My PB was replaced in January under warranty and has performed perfectly until last week.
    09-03-13 02:57 PM
    I have a similar problem, but in my case, it's the magnetic quick charger / night stand that won't charge my PB, but it will charge my wife's.
    No idea what to do, other than substitute the regular charger. Does the unit need a reset of some kind? My PB was replaced in January under warranty and has performed perfectly until last week.
    Check the contacts where the Rapid connects? Blemished/corroded? Play with the magnetic plug angle/connection a bit and see if that changes things. Sometimes the spring pins in it can be depressed and maybe your pb has less tolerances.

Might still be covered by warranty?
    09-03-13 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsmithp View Post

hey i am experiencing the same problem then wat did u do thankx in advance
    10-26-13 09:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsmithp View Post

hey i am experiencing the same problem then wat did u do thankx in advance
    Try making sure that the pb is OFF when you charge it. Take it into a dark closet and make sure no gray or backlight is on.

I have read a number of threads on that issue - charge only so far and the the pb automatically starts the bootup only to fail. I think a way is needed to avoid that auto startup process which drags the batter back down. But I'm not sure it can be avoided. Good luck
    10-27-13 04:10 PM
    are yaar kya karun mujhe to rona aa raha pls kuch batao meri playbook charge nhi ho rhi aur kuch bhi response nh de rhe
    03-08-14 09:14 AM
    hi guys

i have a problem charging that i cant seem to find on this page

when i plug my PB in the led goes red for 15 seconds and after that flashes green/orange 5 times and then nothing
    also when i plug the PB to the PC no reaction to boath

any help is much appreciated
    03-18-15 12:12 PM
27 12