After a month long love affair with my BlackBerry Playbook, taking it for a tour of Asia, it seems to have caught a bug! Malaria? Psychosis? Dengue Fever? Don't know.

It was charging in another room, while I was on my desktop computer. Suddenly I heard a piano playing. The Playbook was playing a one note song on the piano ap. It wouldn't respond properly to a swipe, but just switched randomly to other applications without my touching the screen. After fighting with it - trying to close aps as they popped up, I got to the Favourites menu and all icons were quivering. More aps opened randomly. I shut off the BBP but it popped back on and continued misbehaving, like it was possessed by a demon. After several more tries to shut it off, I succeeded. A full reboot seems to have cleared out the demon, for now. Anyone seen this behaviour? I hope it's not a Cracked Berry.
    Last edited by Geodoc; 02-10-12 at 08:24 AM.
    02-10-12 08:22 AM
    Its called the famous 'plasma ball' effect- interference from nearby devices causes the PB to go boink boink

Don't worry, just make sure you don't have plasma/HDTV tv or multiple devices been charged where the PB is.

Has happened to a lot, and they all got rid of the demon
    02-10-12 08:24 AM
    your device is demon possessed
    02-10-12 08:24 AM
    There could very well be a poltergeist in your home. Get out while you can!
    02-10-12 08:36 AM
    .....Beethoven's ghost wants to upgrade from the Steinway to a Playbook ?

02-10-12 08:51 AM
    your device is demon possessed

Yes, call RIM and see if the warranty offers exorcism
    02-10-12 08:54 AM
    Using a screen protector? Try removing it.
    02-10-12 09:25 AM
    Something similar happen to mine a few months back but hasn't happen since. I don't know what caused it though.
    02-10-12 09:38 AM
    Seriously, this happened to me after I had my PlayBook for a month last year. Nothing I did could fix it (let the battery drain, move away from cell phones,etc). I sent it to BlackBerry to fix...they sent a new one back. Haven't had the issue since.
    02-10-12 09:53 AM
    queue twighlight music
    02-10-12 10:17 AM
    There could very well be a poltergeist in your home. Get out while you can!
    Duh, remember the poltergeist will just follow them!
    DAnklaud likes this.
    02-10-12 10:50 AM
    it was probable your 2.0 Update!
    02-10-12 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD