Hello CrackBerry Community!
    In this topic i'm going to show a concept(READ CAREFULLY, IT'S NOT THE OFFICIAL VERSION, IT'S A CONCEPT) of the PlayBook UI using the BB10 OS.

Why did i created that?
    The Z10 UI is obviously designed for be operated easily with one thumb, but why the PlayBook should maintain the same UI since is designed to be used with both hands?
    That's why i created this concept.

Which elements i used for develop this concept?
    I followed the UI guidelines and typography suggestions on the BB10 developers site, that can be found here: https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ypography.html
    Also i used the suggestions on the PlayBook UI guidelines, that says basically: Big icons for fitting in the fingers without difficult & elements with a good distance between they.
    The UI it's made to be very similar to the actual PlayBook UI.

What's the main objetive of this UI?
    Being simple and fast and it's designed to be operated easily by any person with any needs.

:

Ok, here's what i made:
    My BB10 PlayBook UI concept-1.jpg

My BB10 PlayBook UI concept-2.jpg
    Here it's showing the basic notifications system, where each social network, service and app have it's personalized icon with the Action symbol embedded.

My BB10 PlayBook UI concept-3.jpg
    Here's the Voice Control, but why he is there?
    Simple: What's the objetive of creating a separated windows for the voice control since you have all your fingers for doing an fast job?
    The voice control objetive is being fast, so, an separated windows would just slow down the process, that's why he is there.
    (It have an separated window too, like the Z10, that icon is just a shortcut)
    (That icon would appear only pressing the hardware button)

And here's the UI information:
    My BB10 PlayBook UI concept-ui-guidelines.jpg

Review my job guys(be honest) and say what you think and of course, if you would use a PlayBook with this UI.

Sorry if there's any typo, non-english user here

Used material:
    Icons are property of BlackBerry and distributed for free.
    Facebook is a trademark from Facebook corporation.
    Background used for the UI is a free distributed wallpaper of Blue Lotus Flower | SPLENDID WALLPAPER
    Last edited by Nickstarmaster; 02-05-13 at 09:26 PM.
    jamesharmeling and kelexiong like this.
    02-05-13 05:05 PM
    Hey man,
    good work with this, one thing I would tweak is the fact it looks a lot like the original Playbook UI as opposed to the BB10 UI. The only thing missing is the active frames, if the minimized windows were smaller i think it would work alot better as you could have the active frames displaying info about the app (more than one at a time). With your ui its hard to see more than one active frame at a time, you'd have to swipe left and right like on the Playbook OS to see whats going on in the window.
    Keep in mind im splitting hairs here, your UI looks great, i just think it would be a lot more functional with atleast 4 active frames visible on the screen at once.
    02-05-13 06:02 PM
    Looks great and I like that you left out the active frames. I like my PLAYBOOK much better with as many apps as I want open and running available in showcase mode of course.

This is something I thought of honestly and I'm glad you didn't go with active frames which IMO would be a step back for the PLAYBOOK. Think about it. You go from the app or websites being open and running entirely to active frames which is the app or site "sleeping" with a tad of info available.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    02-05-13 06:30 PM
    Looks great and I like that you left out the active frames. I like my PLAYBOOK much better with as many apps as I want open and running available in showcase mode of course.

This is something I thought of honestly and I'm glad you didn't go with active frames which IMO would be a step back for the PLAYBOOK. Think about it. You go from the app or websites being open and running entirely to active frames which is the app or site "sleeping" with a tad of info available.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    true, while i do like the way the playbook is set up i would imagine active frames minimizes the active processes running in the background which should impact the performance of the device positively. Just my opinion though, i like the way active frames look on z10, they may not look the same on a playbook though.
    02-05-13 06:49 PM
    Some good thoughts here. I suggest that when the HUB active frames are in use that the baseline command strip disappear. It could either be summoned by a swipe or a button on active frames. Swipes could still work to select or disable the active frame. The look might even be similar to windows 8 but please not too close. Also the baseline has room to install a messages button and possibly user selected buttons. I wonder how far along the BB people are with the design?
    02-05-13 07:14 PM
    Very cool. What I'd love to have are "theme" type options for something like this. Wouldn't it be cool to have devs be able to create different user interfaces like this? Nicely done and we'll thought out sir! Thanks for sharing!
    02-05-13 08:57 PM
    Thanks guys for all the opinions, they are really important to me!
    I will consider each one in the next time!
    Also just explaining the Active frames: That was really a pain to decide, they'r great but since the Playbook have more resources and it's a more professional use tablet, i decided to cut off the frames, but that don't mean that i didn't considered they in the next concept.
    Thanks again!

-Nick
    02-05-13 09:14 PM