Hi,

Anyone know how/where the artwork imported from iTunes is stored on the Playbook?

(This is a much less waffly version of the post I made a few days ago).

Thanks,

Chris.
    01-29-13 11:23 AM
    not sure where your itunes artwork goes but if you put a jpeg of the album cover in your album folder and rename the jpeg "folder" {without quotation marks} that jpeg will show up on playbook player--hard to explain in writing
    ChrisMay likes this.
    01-29-13 02:57 PM
    Hi,

Anyone know how/where the artwork imported from iTunes is stored on the Playbook?

(This is a much less waffly version of the post I made a few days ago).

Thanks,

Chris.
    Hi Chris,

The album art is stored within the mp3 itself using ID3 tags. Music players parse through the file and extract the information. Are you experiencing issues that you're not seeing album art on the PlayBook for mp3s imported from iTunes?
    ChrisMay likes this.
    01-30-13 05:51 AM
    Hi Chris,

Are you experiencing issues that you're not seeing album art on the PlayBook for mp3s imported from iTunes?
    Hi, no, the opposite really. A lot of the artwork that I see in iTunes does not appear in other music players (eg Windows Media Player) and yet it DOES appear in my PlayBook music player. I was under the impression that iTunes keeps its own database of artwork (for those tracks that do not have imbedded artwork). It seems that BB Desktop Manager is able to read this iTunes database, and can extract the artwork. I just wondered how it then stores the artwork in the Playbook. Does it imbed the artwork into the music files, or does it keep a seperate store of the artwork somewhere - Going by the speed that Desktop Manager copied the files to the Playbook, I can't really believe that it modified many of the files (to imbed the artwork) on the fly...(??)

Chris.
    01-30-13 06:47 AM
    As stated, album art is appended to the ID3 portion of a music file. It is a fairly trivial process.
    Also, album art may be stored as a separate file with the other music files in that album; all within there own unique folder. Usually the files are labeled "folder".jpg/jpeg/png...etc.
    The PB works well in both scenarios.
    To see which one was used, find the music file under the music folder, and if it is in a sub dir with an image file as above, then.... If not, it was appended to the individual file.
    ChrisMay and David in Durham like this.
    01-30-13 08:46 AM
    To see which one was used, find the music file under the music folder, and if it is in a sub dir with an image file as above, then.... If not, it was appended to the individual file.
    The first one - Desktop Manager has added a folder.jpg file containg the cover art for many of the tunes in my library.

Thanks for the information to everyone that replied.
    01-30-13 08:50 AM
    not sure where your itunes artwork goes but if you put a jpeg of the album cover in your album folder and rename the jpeg "folder" {without quotation marks} that jpeg will show up on playbook player--hard to explain in writing
    I understand what you are saying now...
    01-30-13 08:51 AM