I can't remember the video, as I watched many playbook videos in the last two weeks or so, but I saw the settings of "all singing and dancing" and the other two modes that put the apps on hold for the Playbook Multitasking. I will chose to put all apps on hold when not fully maximized (when they leave full screen as seen below), I am anal about battery. So if I do this what would happen to music? If I play music to listen on my headphones and surf etc while the wife reads say, will the music play if I don't chose the "all singing and dancing" setting that allows apps to run in the background? I hope apps like music have settings that can override the main multitasking settings. This has been a question of mine for a bit, forgot to ask.

EDIT: Here is the pic:

Last edited by sandmanfvr; 02-12-11 at 12:14 AM.
    02-12-11 12:00 AM
    Won't know for sure until its released. No matter what anyone says there won't b a definite till then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 02:16 AM
    I will chose to put all apps on hold when not fully maximized ..., I am anal about battery. So if I do this what would happen to music? If I play music to listen on my headphones and surf etc while the wife reads say, will the music play if I don't chose the "all singing and dancing" setting that allows apps to run in the background?
    So far this feature has been described as affecting only the rendering of the display, not the continued functioning of the app behind the scenes. Even on the simulator, where there's no control over that setting and apps never render when deactivated, an app that plays music continues running just fine when it's not the active one.

In any case, don't worry... they know the sorts of use cases you have and the device is technically capable of achieving any of them. It's just a question of what combination they decide will be most usable and manageable for most users.
    02-12-11 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD