Hey, another dumb question here, but will the playbook pair with more than one phone? Not at once I'm sure, but mostly I think my real question is, will it pair to a future upgrade or a borrowed phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-11 12:26 PM
    I have a similar question but I don't think there is an answer yet.

Will the PB support multiple pairings to BBs? I.e. can I bridge my work and personal blackberries to the PB?
    03-07-11 12:29 PM
    @Adam- no- not at the same time, but they are working on BB Balance which will allow you to carry one BB and split it into business and personal info. Not sure on all the details, but do a quick search and some info should come up. You should be able to do them at separate times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by gregerator; 03-07-11 at 12:43 PM.
    03-07-11 12:40 PM
    ^ thanks for the response. My understanding is that Balance is for allowing business/personal use on the SAME device. I have two separate BB devices... one for work and one for personal.

Personal business on our work BBs is against the device use policy anyway (government). Nearly all of my colleagues do not respect that policy (even the high-ups) but I adhere to the policy strictly.

What I would like to be able to do is Bridge my work BB primarily during the day and personal after hours.
    03-07-11 02:18 PM
    Part of the purpose of the Bridge is that you can connect multiple phones to the PlayBook at different times. Think of an office having a PlayBook in a meeting room for presentations. Whoever is giving the presentation will have access to their personal info while they are bridged. When they are finished, their info is no longer on the PlayBook, and the next person to present can use it with their info in a matter of seconds.
    03-07-11 02:21 PM
    as Said above

The Playbook Stores NO Data from the Blackberry Bridged to it onboard, the advantage of this is exactly as you are asking, you don't need to create permissions,AND you can pass the device from shift to shift with employee's

you can share it among multiple devices using Bluetooth, just like with a Bluetooth hands free unit, it doesn't get locked to a single device, it gets paired till it gets re paired

what we don't know is if the playbook will hold "Profiles" for the blackberry's that bridge to it, like a blackberry does for the bluetooth hands free units
    03-07-11 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD