Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By TheScionicMan
  • 1 Post By knottyrope
  • 1 Post By varunsain
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Multiple playbook?

I would like to purchase 2 playbooks for my boys for Christmas. When I buy them can they sign in with my blackberry id to download apps I have already bought or do I have to purchase for each tablet?

Thanks
    Thanked by:
    farside33 (08-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin:s & Needle:s

Yes they can use the same BBID to share the apps, but they will be unable to use Video Chat with each other.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Just Pin It.

Yes they can vid chat using the PIN which is unique for each device.
    To resist the influence of others the knowledge of oneself is of most importance.

Teal'c on Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Episode 14

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian71 View Post
    what happens if a 3rd person were to try to videochat with them using a 3rd PB & a 2nd BBID. Would that person have problems connecting if they don't know their PIN?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by Zildjian71 View Post
    I've yet to be able to get this to work when both PBs are using the same BBID. I've also never read of anyone successfully doing it, only suggestion that it should work. Please let me know if this is something you are currently doing or if this is in theory.
    They talk about me like a dog, talkin' about the clothes I wear
    But they don't realize they're the ones who's square.
    diegonei likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin:s & Needle:s

Here's my results so far:

1. Two PBs with the same BBID, on the same wi-fi network - Won't connect
    2. Two PBs with different BBIDs on the same wi-fi network - Connected
    3. Two PBs with same BBIDs on different networks - unknown (haven't tested yet)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by TheScionicMan View Post
    I've yet to be able to get this to work when both PBs are using the same BBID. I've also never read of anyone successfully doing it, only suggestion that it should work. Please let me know if this is something you are currently doing or if this is in theory.
    I have not been able to get this to work having just purchased a second PB and trying to call the other just to check this feature out using the same BBID. If anyone has please fess up. ;-)
    CrackBerry User

my son and i use the same BBID, I have not tried video chat yet with him. I will try tonight

some good info
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26851

KB28543-Expectations when using the same BlackBerry ID on multiple devices
    My hangout Drop by if you want.BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Rocking the Z10 and PlayBook 64 on the BES I maintain
    Follow me http://twitter.com/knottyrope
    Zildjian71 likes this.

Video Chat (PlayBook only)
    Video Chat requests can only be received by one PlayBook at at time. If multiple PlayBooks are using the same BlackBerry ID, only one of them will receive an incoming Video Chat request
    Connectivity will be sporadic between any active PlayBooks using the same BlackBerry ID
    That's from the 2nd KB and it's incorrect. Diego helped me test this recently. Calling a BBID made both of my PBs show an incoming call. I could answer from either, but not at the same time. Calling by PIN obviously connected to each PB. Have never been able to call my wife's PB from mine using either BBID or PIN. I've tried it on the same wifi network, each on separate wifi networks here at work and mine at work with my wife's at home. Not what I would consider "sporadic connectivity"...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts

Here's something I would like to see in BB10
    Video Confrence calling.
    That way I would be able to Video chat with both of my parents at the same time. My dad is often out of town on business.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Here is my situation. My two boys live with my ex and I do want to video chat with them so will use separate id's.

Can they sign into appworld with my email and password to download apps that I have bought.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fraynes1 View Post
    Here is my situation. My two boys live with my ex and I do want to video chat with them so will use separate id's.

Can they sign into appworld with my email and password to download apps that I have bought.

Thanks
    not sure how that would work...i'm currious to see though...let us know how you get along
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Just Pin It.

Quote Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
    Thanks. Knotty I stand corrected.
    To resist the influence of others the knowledge of oneself is of most importance.

Teal'c on Stargate SG-1 Season 9 Episode 14

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

You got the answer!! Yes they can use the ID to get the Apps on both devices - just forget everything else.. Buy the PlayBook NOW before stock runs out!!

Ps - Buy them the 64Gb if you really love them haha love your kids and give them everything you can..
    bungaboy likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by varunsain View Post
    You got the answer!! Yes they can use the ID to get the Apps on both devices - just forget everything else.. Buy the PlayBook NOW before stock runs out!!

Ps - Buy them the 64Gb if you really love them haha love your kids and give them everything you can..
    So you mean you can use 1 BB ID, then switch to a 2nd BB ID, download apps & then switch back to the first BB ID & everything will work fine?

Proud Owner of a BlackBerry Q10

CrackBerry User

I do it all the time switching between my 16g and 64g playbook. When you visit app world apps on book 1 will show as uninstalled on book 2, unless you have that app installed on both devices. You just have to answer yes when app world realises you are using a different device than that used for the last visit.

Global Posts
    11,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

Quote Originally Posted by fraynes1 View Post
    I would like to purchase 2 playbooks for my boys for Christmas. When I buy them can they sign in with my blackberry id to download apps I have already bought or do I have to purchase for each tablet?

Thanks
    Isn't the idea to support the app developers by purchasing their apps? That way they continue to develop apps for us?

I mean really. Apps costing $0.99 to $6.99? You want to deny the developers their money for the sake of $20-$100?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbpandy View Post
    So you mean you can use 1 BB ID, then switch to a 2nd BB ID, download apps & then switch back to the first BB ID & everything will work fine?
    I don't think you can switch BBID's on a PB without wiping it first.

Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    Isn't the idea to support the app developers by purchasing their apps? That way they continue to develop apps for us?

I mean really. Apps costing $0.99 to $6.99? You want to deny the developers their money for the sake of $20-$100?

Think about it.
    Do you buy an additional copy of a song for each device you're going to listen to it on?

Global Posts
    11,463 Global Posts
    PIN
    With Needle

I don't think you can switch BBID's on a PB without wiping it first.

Do you buy an additional copy of a song for each device you're going to listen to it on?
    Well there is the difference. I have the apps on my devices as permitted. On my kids devices, I pay again for their devices.

I can only listen to the same sone on one device at one time. With 3 different owners they can use the same app or song at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by bungaboy View Post
    Well there is the difference. I have the apps on my devices as permitted. On my kids devices, I pay again for their devices.

I can only listen to the same sone on one device at one time. With 3 different owners they can use the same app or song at the same time.
    It's not like people are cheating the system, you're allowed to have several devices sharing a BBID. If I have an app that only I use but would like it on my wife's PB too, in case it's the only one accessible, then I should pay for the app a 2nd time?

We have a shared music collection at home, I don't really see the difference.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

Hey OP you never posted back! This might just be the very first SOLVED thread

Quote Originally Posted by varunsain View Post
    Hey OP you never posted back! This might just be the very first SOLVED thread
    Don't hold your breath... It's been tried before...
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,408 Global Posts
    PIN
    501BBBBB

OP doesn't care like most OPs
    CrackBerry Master

Search the PB Forum on <"Three is Company !"> for an amusing tale. Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 08-31-2012 at 09:56 AM. Reason: better info

That's from the 2nd KB and it's incorrect. Diego helped me test this recently. Calling a BBID made both of my PBs show an incoming call. I could answer from either, but not at the same time. Calling by PIN obviously connected to each PB. Have never been able to call my wife's PB from mine using either BBID or PIN. I've tried it on the same wifi network, each on separate wifi networks here at work and mine at work with my wife's at home. Not what I would consider "sporadic connectivity"...
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorNeutron View Post
    Search the PB Forum on <"Three is Company !"> for an amusing tale. Doc Neutron
    I had to go search for that thread (instead of a link or a repost here) to find out something that was already posted here? Thanks...