Has it been mentioned if the playbook will have the option of getting microsoft office on it?
    Or will it be an app like word to go?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 09:26 AM
    I'm guessing docstogo as RIM just bought part of dataviz.
    09-30-10 09:28 AM
    I'm hoping they port Open Office to this platform. Sweet!
    Last edited by dkingsf; 09-30-10 at 09:34 AM.
    09-30-10 09:30 AM
    I think Maxiang nailed it. With RIM's acquisition of DataViz and their Docs To Go, which has long had a BB app installed on Berrries, it would make sense that Docs To Go would be the "Office" program on the PB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 11:03 AM
    I think web"cloud"based office will be the future... No need to save data on device...
    09-30-10 04:04 PM
    Are there different versions of docs2go, i have only seen the same version on different blackberries
    09-30-10 04:23 PM
    Totally.....if this thing doesn't give a VERY usable Word or a highly Word-compatible office suite, I can't justify buying just another "gee whiz!" web surfing gadget.

Open Office isn't good enough, either. It ***always*** alters word documents such that I have to go searching, line-by-line to catch all of the formatting snafus and then try to figure out how to un-do those dang changes!

If it's just a half baked word-wanna-be, I'd just use google docs... if it will allow it.
    09-30-10 05:14 PM
    I think web"cloud"based office will be the future... No need to save data on device...
    Actually, Microsoft does have web based office applications called MS Office Web Apps. There's one drawback with it - your browser must support Silverlight.

To access the Office Web Apps you must have a Windows Live ID - mine is my Hotmail email address. With the Windows Live ID, you get 25gb of free cloud storage called Skydrive and it is this storage area where you have access to the Office Web Apps and your documents are stored.

The urls are:

home.live.com
    skydrive.live.com
    10-02-10 05:08 PM
    Actually, Microsoft does have web based office applications called MS Office Web Apps. There's one drawback with it - your browser must support Silverlight.

To access the Office Web Apps you must have a Windows Live ID - mine is my Hotmail email address. With the Windows Live ID, you get 25gb of free cloud storage called Skydrive and it is this storage area where you have access to the Office Web Apps and your documents are stored.

The urls are:

home.live.com
    skydrive.live.com
    There's also Google Docs, which should work on the PB as it's HTML.
    10-02-10 07:13 PM
    I currently sync to Outlook via BT or USB cable.
    BIS, no servers involved.
    Can anyone explain if and how the PlayBook will display Outlook or will it only display the native PIMS is some some on the PlayBook?

Or is the web base Outlook the only solution.

TIA
    10-03-10 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD