Hopefully this has not been posted about before:

So I got a PB to evaluate for my office. We have a small BES environment. Anyway the PB will be great for some of our people.

Thus now that I have finished my evaluation I want to give it to someone else to use with their BB handset. So that would be removing my account from the PB and adding the new persons account.

However I found no obvious way to do this. So I did a security wipe, which basically is a factory reset. Now that is ok, but it also means wiping apps and such.

Does anyone know a nicer way to do this?
    06-24-11 01:29 AM
    the apps are tied to your bb id just as the are with your phone (if you look under unavailable on the pb app store you will see apps on your phone and vice versa)

only way i can see to do it is with a factory reset, but i may be missing something
    06-24-11 02:49 AM
    does that mean if I go on holiday with my girlfriend (who has a BB) she will need to use my mobile for the bridge ?

this is ridiculous
    06-24-11 04:47 AM
    You simply create another Bluetooth pairing between the BlackBerry PlayBook and the second BlackBerry smartphone. It is quite easy to enable and disable pairings as necessary when sharing one tablet amongst multiple smartphone users. Hence, another reason bridge-mode for email and such is preferable to native PIM applications. I have tested pairing multiple BlackBerry smartphones with the BlackBerry PlayBook and can confirm it does indeed function correctly; email for the currently active pairing is available in bridged-mode thereby eliminating privacy/security concerns for bridged applications. Naturally, if you store any content or applications on the tablet those are viewable and accessible by others whether paired and/or bridged. There is NO NEED TO WIPE THE TABLET for simple bridge-mode PIM.
    06-24-11 07:13 AM
    Ahh cool. I shall keep that in mind for next time!
    06-25-11 01:15 AM
    I Bridge a BES 8520 and BIS 9780 (not at the same time) and haven't had a problem since day one. They each have their own BBID as well. I also have had zero issues when showing a BB user how bridge works.
    06-25-11 02:25 AM
    only problem i see there is the pb will still be on your app world login, so if they buy something it'll come off your card etc, not so bad if its a company one i guess or if it hasnt got a card linked to it
    06-25-11 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD