How do I legally get movies and TV shows on my Playbook for viewing offline? I would like to purchase and rip movies and shows to the Playbook, but from looking around, it is not easy due to copyright protection on the newer discs.
    04-25-11 02:59 AM
    gotta love the irony though. we go the legit way and BUY our movies but they're either next to impossible to convert from disc to computer file (I don't know about you guys but I can't make a Playbook-friendly file from a blu-ray disc) or there's DRM up the wazoo on digital downloads.

meanwhile, the people who pirate things get high quality, DRM-free files they can install on any number of devices, without any restriction whatsoever.

in the end, it's us 'honest' people who get shafted. I'll never understand the movie industry..

ps. sorry. this little rant of mine doesn't do anything to help you.
    04-25-11 05:30 AM
    This is what I've been able to gather so far just by reading through some forums here. Hope it helps you to get started.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mohawk rcer
    i wish i knew how to work that handbrake thing lol,id lov to have a couple movies on my PB. maybe someone can do a fast rite up on how to use handbrake
    to convert a file:
    1. open handbrake
    2. click "source"
    3. click "video file"
    4. select the file to convert
    5. wait a few seconds
    6. name the output file (type it directly into the file text box, or click "browse"
    7. press "start"
    8. wait a while
    9. check crackberry forums while you wait
    10. half an hour to several hours later, your file is done!

for ripping DVDs (you need an extra program if you want to rip commercial DVDs, this only works with homemade or others with no copyright):
    1. open handbrake
    2. click "source"
    3. click "folder"
    4. navigate to your DVD drive
    5. name file output (same as last time, but I'm too lazy to write it again)
    6. press "start"
    7. wait
    8. wait
    9. transfer your new file to your playbook!
    there are many more things you can do with handbrake, but this is just the quickstart style instructions. Be sure to ask if you want to do something else with handbrake!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 05:44 AM
    Same thing is happening with me. I used PocketDVD to convert movies (somewhere around seven of them) prior to the PB being released (I was bored and anxious). Received the PB64, used DTM to transfer them to the PB and only one was even in the directory; and the quality definitely dropped the barometric pressure in the room.

I don�t know if it�s me, the software, the DTM, or the PB.

If anyone has any thoughts for a �newb� on getting movies over to the PB without having to have an engineering degree, or having to (purchase and) go through three or four separate software conversion programs, it would be sincerely appreciated.
    04-25-11 05:45 AM
    I bought a video from Amazon.com and downloaded to my compute. I downloaded handbrake - although there was not a catagorie for Playbook, just Ipod, Ipad etc. Not sure which one to use. I picked Ipad and converted the file.

Can anyone say what the next step is. Do I need a DVD converter before handbrake? the above breakdown is too vague for what you have to experience.
    Drag & Drop?

Help???
    04-25-11 06:53 AM
    This is thread where I got the infomation from the previous post:
    forums.crackberry.com/f222/movies-pb-yee-ha-608313/index2.html

Here's another thread that seem to have some more good info about this topic:
    forums.crackberry.com/f222/how-convert-blu-ray-dvd-video-iphone-ipad-android-blackberry-mp4-etc-608534/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 07:55 AM
    to remove DRMs, use tunebyte. $40, but the only legal way I know of...
    04-25-11 09:14 AM
    I just use DVDFab8

I have always had great luck with it, one click ripping.

You can select from preset rip settings like ps3, zune, apple tv, xbox 360, etc

I would highly recommend it, makes ripping dvds sooo much easier.
    04-25-11 09:46 AM
    The easiest way that I found to get movies and TV shows is here in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    04-25-11 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD