I know movie threads have been written before, but I can't seem to get movies uploaded to my PB. I have downloaded Handbrake to my computer and tried to transfer to the PB via drag/drop and also BB desktop SW. The Handbrake SW seems to produce only pixelated versions of movies. Maybe my setting in HB are not correct. I have it set on preset iPad as mentioned in other threads. Not working out for me. I also called Amazon to ask about downloading from them.........not compatible I was told. Could really use some help on getting movies to my PB..........Thanks
    01-31-12 10:44 AM
    I have no problems using handbrake and I simply use default settings. Works like a charm and all my HD videos are now in my PB.

Whats is your raw source file?
    01-31-12 10:52 AM
    +1 on using the default ("Normal") setting in Handbrake, after ripping DVDs with DVD Decrypter.
    01-31-12 11:05 AM
    Is there any way to get movies I downloaded on iTunes over to the PlayBook? I've tried pointing Handbrake at the source files, but it doesn't seem to work. Sorry if this has been asked and answered, and sorry for hijacking the thread...
    01-31-12 11:26 AM
    JasW............sounds like you are using a 2 step process. What SW are you using prior to Handbrake?
    01-31-12 12:15 PM
    JasW............sounds like you are using a 2 step process. What SW are you using prior to Handbrake?
    As I mentioned, DVD Decrypter. That's the only time I use Handbrake -- after ripping a DVD. Anything else I just copy straight onto the PlayBook. If for some reason the PB won't play it -- and it's played everything I've thrown at it thus far -- I have a separate program I use to convert to .mp4.
    01-31-12 12:41 PM
    I use the "Apple TV2" preset on handbrake and it works well for me. I then just use the drag and drop method into the folder on the PB. I will say that when I experimented with the OS2 beta, I noticed my movies played back without pixelation and with a great sharp picture.

However, when I switched back to the current non-beta OS my videos were suddenly a little pixelated again and definitely a step down. I have no idea why, but they are still watchable. I'm hoping the final release of OS2 brings back the higher quality.
    01-31-12 12:49 PM
    I use DVD Catalyst. Works great and has a setting for playbook already (under the 9810 phone icon).

I plug the PB into the PC and convert/rip right to the PB. I find the wifi method takes a very long time for movies...
    01-31-12 01:14 PM
    JasW.............thanks! Used DVD Decrypter then Handbrake........worked great. Thanks for the help. Didn't realize this needed a 2 step process. A friend using a Mac does it just using Handbrake....1 step. Anyway, now I know.
    01-31-12 01:33 PM
    I use a Mac and Handbrake. It's a one-step process and works well.
    01-31-12 01:37 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here----I just connect my pb to my mac wirelessly, I misplaced the wire. How to copy files to and from a BlackBerry PlayBook using Wi-Fi Sharing �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog then drag and drop videos or files, back and forth.
    01-31-12 03:13 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something here----I just connect my pb to my mac wirelessly, I misplaced the wire. How to copy files to and from a BlackBerry PlayBook using Wi-Fi Sharing �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog then drag and drop videos or files, back and forth.
    It wasn't entirely clear at first, but the OP wanted to know why he couldn't use Handbrake alone (on a PC, not a Mac) to rip DVDs and create video files he could play on his PB. Handbrake doesn't decrypt on the PC, you need another app to rip the DVD first (or one of those pay apps like DVD Catalyst that will do it all).
    01-31-12 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD