I am a movie loving fool. What applications can I download that will allow me to play a full length movie. I tried going to netflix on a floor model at Office Max, and it wouldn't let me do that. I don't know if it's because it's a floor model, or netflix can't be run on the playbook. Movie watching is a deal breaker for me. I haven't bought one yet, but there are plenty of tablets that do play movies.
    06-07-11 04:46 PM
    Play or stream?

The Playbook does play movies, and as far as being able to stream movies, all you have to do is search for one of the many threads that cover most topics regarding movies (type, hulu, netflix, hbo, etc...) You can even stream movies from your computer via Orb.....so yeah, it plays movies.
    06-07-11 04:50 PM
    The Playbook plays videos very well. In terms of streaming video, it depends on the format of the stream. Netflix, for example, uses Ms Silverlight, which currently is not supported. Here is the official list from RIM of supported media types for the Playbook. As far as the quality of the movies, I have downloaded and watched several movies, and while obviously the screen is smaller than other tablets, I had no problems enjoying the films. One concern, which has potentialy been fixed with the latest update, is headphone sound being a little low.
    06-07-11 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD