I know most hate these threads but I had to post anyway. As much as I wanted and tried to give the PB a chance, it wasn't worth keeping it any longer (since Feb 2012). I could go weeks without using it. It didn't not have enough functionality or apps to make the most of it. Plus the performance was not the best. Trying to surf the net was torture at times. And with BB10 for PB now an unlikely event, I got tired of waiting. So I finally sold it today. Last Wednesday I bought the Galaxy Note 8 and you talk about light years ahead of the PB. I've used that more in the past few days than I did the PB in the past few months. Just to be able to get on my Skydrive account and quickly open a document is worth it.

I'm sorry, but hanging around waiting for some Playbook miracle is just not worth it when there are so many other great tablets out there with an abundance of apps that fit almost every possible need or idea of what you want your tablet to do. I tried a friend's Nexus 7 the other day and even that was leaps and bounds ahead. I'm sure that can be said for most iPads and Android tablets out there anyway.

In the meantime, my wife still has her 16GB and she is happy with it. All she needs it for is email and occasional web surfing which she seems to be fine with its performance.. To be honest, I've never used hers so I can't speak to its actual performance.

Sorry again, but Blackberry needs to sh*t or get off the pot when it comes to the PB.
    pinkert11 and ren2008 like this.
    06-16-13 01:49 PM
    Yeah at this point in time, with the age of the PlayBook and lack of updates, there are certainly better tablets.

Unless you are bridging with a BlackBerry to use its data -- which is something only the PlayBook can do.
    06-16-13 01:55 PM
    Haha. Just the opposite. My Nexus 7 sits for weeks. Then I get hit with every app having to update. That is really annoying.
    glennster28 likes this.
    06-16-13 02:22 PM
    Yeah at this point in time, with the age of the PlayBook and lack of updates, there are certainly better tablets.

Unless you are bridging with a BlackBerry to use its data -- which is something only the PlayBook can do.
    Any tablet can share a data plan with your phone by tethering or hotspot the only benefit to having bridge is if you have a pb and a bb7 device, and want to bridge email/contacts/calendar/bbm
    06-16-13 02:27 PM
    yes developers supporting their apps in annoying lol
    EricB1968 and eldricho like this.
    06-16-13 02:30 PM
    yes developers supporting their apps in annoying lol
    Supporting or a big ruse? Don't ever see any improvements. Last fiasco was google music update breaking voice commands.
    06-16-13 02:47 PM
    Maybe the irony here is that the one example of improved capability of the Galaxy that the OP mentions is the ability to quickly access and open docs from his SkyDrive account- one function that the PB is certainly capable of, at least IF you know how.
    93Aero likes this.
    06-16-13 03:07 PM
    Supporting or a big ruse? Don't ever see any improvements. Last fiasco was google music update breaking voice commands.
    My local newspaper's app has to be updated every week for my Android phone. This has been going on for about two months. If I don't update the app, the app is useless. I believe this has todo with Android fragmentation.
    06-16-13 04:34 PM
    I have the playbook and an hp touchpad with ice cream sammich. I prefer the hp. Bigger screen and the apps are better

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 05:14 PM
    Haha. Just the opposite. My Nexus 7 sits for weeks. Then I get hit with every app having to update. That is really annoying.
    I agree. My ipod touch is annoying. Constant update after update. If they build a good enough app or game, there should be no update what so ever!!
    06-16-13 05:23 PM
    I do not use any of my tablets anymore. Just the Z10. I hope an update comes for the PlayBook. If not, oh well, what can one do at this point. Cry? Nah.
    06-16-13 05:42 PM
    I'll go for BB10.1 for PB with no updates whatsoever Ever
    06-16-13 05:42 PM
    The new OS will be coming soon for the PlayBook.
    06-16-13 09:40 PM
    The new OS will be coming soon for the PlayBook.
    Hard to blame the OP or anyone else, technology progresses and BlackBerry is supposed to release a year old OS for a two year old device. RIM did promise regular updates when the playbook released, but that did not happen as promised so many moved on. I bought a windows 8 touch tab and love it, but posted this on my 64gb PlayBook that I still use frequently.
    06-16-13 10:41 PM
    Nice I'm thinking of getting the note 8 as well to replace my well served PlayBook s.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    talondry and pinkert11 like this.
    06-16-13 10:48 PM
    If you just "had" to share this as you say, there is a proper place for it, as you probably knew. But just in case, here it is : http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/
    KittyBomb likes this.
    06-17-13 01:12 AM
    Any tablet can share a data plan with your phone by tethering or hotspot the only benefit to having bridge is if you have a pb and a bb7 device, and want to bridge email/contacts/calendar/bbm
    For an additional fee if with Verizon, can't speak for other carriers. Verizon levies heavy fines for unauthorized tethering. With a PB/BB combo its no change in plans or additional fees. As to the other, I use my email,contacts,calendar, BBM, OpenOnPlayBook, etc...quite a bit, as well as preferring the UI and OS. Our work PBs have email, BBM and contacts disabled for security purposes and Bridge is the perfect solution for us, no secure or sensitive data on devices other than our secure phones. No other tablet currently does that, and one of the main reasons we and other businesses/industry using secure or sensitive data adopted them in the first place. Two military contractors we work with exclusively use PBs for the same reason. The PB is still a relevant tablet for our needs.
    06-17-13 01:33 AM
    Use T-Mobile USA your can theether whatever your plan is

For an additional fee if with Verizon, can't speak for other carriers. Verizon levies heavy fines for unauthorized tethering. With a PB/BB combo its no change in plans or additional fees. As to the other, I use my email,contacts,calendar, BBM, OpenOnPlayBook, etc...quite a bit, as well as preferring the UI and OS. Our work PBs have email, BBM and contacts disabled for security purposes and Bridge is the perfect solution for us, no secure or sensitive data on devices other than our secure phones. No other tablet currently does that, and one of the main reasons we and other businesses/industry using secure or sensitive data adopted them in the first place. Two military contractors we work with exclusively use PBs for the same reason. The PB is still a relevant tablet for our needs.
    06-17-13 06:54 AM
    Nice I'm thinking of getting the note 8 as well to replace my well served PlayBook s.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    The Note 8.0 is really pricey -- $399. What you're paying more for is the Wacom digitizer. If you really need/want an S Pen with your tablet (and an IR blaster), go for it, but if you don't, you might be better served waiting until next month for the next gen Nexus 7. Much better screen (1920x1200 v. 1280x800), etc.

If BB were really in the tab business, there would be a PlayBook 3 out by now. But they're not and there isn't.
    06-17-13 08:03 AM
    I keep my playbook as alarm clock / night stand music player at this moment. Love it

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    talondry likes this.
    06-17-13 08:33 AM
    Note 8 is a mobile phone.
    A bit bulky but still a phone .

Nexus is just a tablet.
    06-17-13 08:47 AM
    Maybe the irony here is that the one example of improved capability of the Galaxy that the OP mentions is the ability to quickly access and open docs from his SkyDrive account- one function that the PB is certainly capable of, at least IF you know how.
    I didn't know there was a way but I did see paid apps on Blackberry World that claim to access Skydrive but my experience with these third party apps are sub-par. Plus, why would I pay for such an app when its free on other devices by the provider, ie, Microsoft in this case.

For people complaining about too many updates for Android apps, I have to LOL because this whole forum is complaining about a lack of updates for the PB. And I admit, I complained about the lack of IS updates too. But I can say I never complained about too many updates.

As for the whole BB Bridge thing...I did use Bridge with my work BB phone. I even found that sluggish at times plus the BT keyboard wasn't always responsive. But the company I am working for is slowing moving to BYOD. I'll eventually get Good installed on either the S3 or N8.

I can also tether to my S3 for free here in Canada.
    06-17-13 09:19 AM
    And with BB10 for PB now an unlikely event
    I really wish people would stop doing this. All BlackBerry has said is that the PlayBook will get BlackBerry 10 in 2013. They haven't broken any promises and 2013 is not half done yet. Get the reasons for leaving (and agree with them) but let's fuel the fire with turning a rumour into a fact.
    sweb likes this.
    06-17-13 09:34 AM
    BlackBerry is supposed to release a year old OS for a two year old device.
    BlackBerry 10 went gold and was released in late January 2013. Not sure where the "year old" comes from.

RIM did promise regular updates when the playbook released, but that did not happen as promised so many moved on.
    Not as frequently as some would have liked but they've done a bunch

Version 1.0.1
    Version 1.0.3
    Version 1.0.5
    Version 1.0.6
    Version 1.0.7
    Version 1.0.8
    Version 2.0
    Version 2.0.1
    Version 2.1.0 (Current)
    06-17-13 09:40 AM
    I just signed in to my hotmail account and in 1 click into my skydrive. No glitch or hassle. Kinda confusing. I really think sometimes it novelty wearing off, or just lack of use!! The playbook has met every need since I bought on day one!
    06-17-13 09:51 AM
72 123