Hey guys, figured I'd mention another site that nixed video playback for the Playbook. I really hate having a full flash browser and not being allowed to use it. Added screencap too.
    06-18-11 08:01 AM
    the only advantage playbook has against apple.

no comments
    06-18-11 08:54 AM
    The net is no longer free.
    The corporate control freaks have undermined the freedom of the internet.
    How should it matter to them which device I use to access the internet and its content.
    06-18-11 09:09 AM
    We need to boycott these websites! Lets start a boycott thread!!!

I am tired of these corporations determining what web browser I need to use in order to access their propaganda! They forget that we are the consumer and they need to accomodate us and not the other way around. These web sites are going out of there way to blocking the PB from accessing their media. F them
    06-18-11 10:28 AM
    We need to boycott these websites! Lets start a boycott thread!!!

I am tired of these corporations determining what web browser I need to use in order to access their propaganda! They forget that we are the consumer and they need to accomodate us and not the other way around. These web sites are going out of there way to blocking the PB from accessing their media. F them
    I don't think that they're targeting the PB browser specifically, just non desktop browsers as a whole.
    06-18-11 10:37 AM
    We'll see what MT has to say, I just ripped off an email to them regarding this and my to be 25th year of subscribing in August to them.
    06-18-11 11:38 AM
    I don't think that they're targeting the PB browser specifically, just non desktop browsers as a whole.
    Unfortunately that's not entirely accurate. I just went to Motor Trend on my iPad, went to the video the OP was trying to view (old vs new) and was able to view it in full screen video with no issues. And this was through the Safari browser, not an app.

It really does look like PB users are getting the short end of things here, and I certainly think that's bs. As was stated before, it shouldn't matter what device you access the content from. It's sad, but there does seem to be a whole slew of roadblocks being put in place to prevent the consumer success of the PlayBook.
    06-18-11 12:00 PM
    I cant access mt videos on linux mint either.
    06-18-11 02:24 PM
    if someone could just figure out an app that would just change the user agent string....sell it thru crackberry apps and we'd side load it....it pay good money for it. sites like hulu and now this could kiss my behind
    06-18-11 05:08 PM
    Well its their loss if you really think about it. Its not worth paying for thats for sure.
    06-18-11 06:22 PM
    Why a publication that depends upon people utilizing their site to generate page view and ad click revenue would discourage traffic is perplexing.
    06-18-11 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD