Hello

Im at the end of my rope... i'm on my third Playbook with different issues haunting every purchase. If its not dead pixels its wifi issues if its not that then its the buttons not working lol

So as I started to slam my device on the ground and fire my single purchase Ipad that still works I said let me use the power of the internet and ask others who purchase this device and see where they got it from.

Where do you buy one of these things that work?

So far no Staples in my area carry the 32 and 64 gb models and I went to 3 different Best buys in 3 different states and they all have issues.

Oh sorry this will be my fourth return I had one that had dust under the screen. Im expecting the next one I buy will have a brick in the box hahahah

help me out please!

PS its a wifi issue im having.... cant connect with the same network I used to update the device hahaha. Wiped the device now I cant get pass the Blackberry ID lol and all my other devices including the tablet I need not mention connects with no problem.... I have 3 net works in my house same problem.....

thanks
    05-24-11 02:07 AM
    Hello

Im at the end of my rope... i'm on my third Playbook with different issues haunting every purchase. If its not dead pixels its wifi issues if its not that then its the buttons not working lol

So as I started to slam my device on the ground and fire my single purchase Ipad that still works I said let me use the power of the internet and ask others who purchase this device and see where they got it from.

So far no Staples in my area carry the 32 and 64 gb models and I went to 3 different Best buys in 3 different states and they all have issues.

Oh sorry this will be my fourth return I had one that had dust under the screen. Im expecting the next one I buy will have a brick in the box hahahah

help me out please!

PS its a wifi issue im having.... cant connect with the same network I used to update the device hahaha. Wiped the device now I cant get pass the Blackberry ID lol and all my other devices including the tablet I need not mention connects with no problem.... I have 3 net works in my house same problem.....

thanks
    Your Playbook is suffering Moron Owner Syndrome.
    You don't know how to use it and have come here to troll the forum and make a case for your fruity brand.
    So get lost Troll and don't come back here.
    bryanhayn, Speczorz and kyhung like this.
    05-24-11 03:59 AM
    You don't know how to use it and have come here to troll the forum and make a case for your fruity brand.
    wow M.O.S..... i like that ill have to use it. whats the fruity brand bb or motorola i don't get it.
    05-24-11 05:37 AM
    Thanks for the reply guys
    05-24-11 07:52 AM
    I bought my 32 g playbook straight off rims site and it hasn't had any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-11 08:16 AM
    Actually, it seems like you're suffering from "I'm a RIM Fanboy who doesn't care if RIM launches crap products anymore. I'll lower my standards just to make them look good" syndrome.
    05-24-11 08:26 AM
    Hello

help me out please!

thanks
    To answer your question: It does not matter where you purchase it. If you had issues with both Staples and Best Buy you my as well go to either place again. It's the easiest way to return a device if it's not working. There are many defective PlayBooks, you could be getting returned devices too.

If you really want one keep returning until you get a working device. The stores don't know their devices are defective. It's a crap shoot.
    05-24-11 08:28 AM
    I bought mine from Best Buy. No problems.

05-24-11 08:29 AM
    Best Buy Tukwila - no problems.
    05-24-11 09:23 AM
    I bought one from Staples and one from Wireless Giant. I am also on my 3rd One but I could not tell you if this came from Staples or Wireless Giant. I am been exchanging it though Staples. A friend of mine bought one from Staples and he had the WiFi / Bluetooth problem.

Call RIM tech support, WiFi is a known problem, they will most like tell you to call Staples since you bought it there and have them do a RMA Return. That is what myu friend did and Staples just sent him out a new one. He bought his the first couple of days it was released.

Good luck
    05-24-11 09:45 AM
    I bought my BlackBerry PlayBook from Sears in Canada and it has no issues of which I am aware after over one month of regular usage. Their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee with no questions asked and convenience of their location made it a no-brainer for retail purchase.
    05-24-11 09:53 AM
    Either you have very bad luck, or just do not know what you are doing. My estimation is in agreement with a previous statement about you having Moron Owner Syndrome. No way you have THAT many problems with so many different devices. I have had NO problem with anything. My Playbook works perfectly. Bought from Best Buy in East Hanover, NJ.
    05-24-11 10:16 AM
    Actually, it seems like you're suffering from "I'm a RIM Fanboy who doesn't care if RIM launches crap products anymore. I'll lower my standards just to make them look good" syndrome.
    Well I have trouble believing in fairy tales.
    I have bought and set up 7 playbooks till date with absolutely no problems. They worked perfectly out of the box.
    While the OP here talks about getting 3 bad playbooks in a row. If he is telling the truth then he is good on long odds. Maybe he should try the lottery. But a more plausible theory is Moron Owner Syndrome or an Apple troll
    05-24-11 10:55 AM
    Or the store got a bad batch but who knows.
    05-24-11 11:20 AM
    05-24-11 11:23 AM
    The OP doesn't state what gb his 3 Playbooks were. There has been a problem with a few of the 16gb ones, but no reports yet on the 32gb or the 64gb versions. Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, if I were him/her, I wouldn't walk outside during a thunderstorm. You're doomed if you do!

Option 1. Just take it back and get a new one.

Option 2. However, your inability to connect to wifi may be operator error. Check on some of the other threads about connecting your Playbook to wifi to see if you are forgetting something.
    05-24-11 12:14 PM
    Thanks for the replies

im going to end up taking it back later today and see what happens.

thanks again
    05-24-11 02:32 PM
    I bought mine at Office Depot and havent had any hardware related issues with mine (64g). It's hard for me to believe that so many people have had problems with theirs. Almost seems like there were only a few good batches shipped out and the rest were poorly manufactured. Again, hard to believe, especially since I have one with a flush power button (that I actually prefer, btw).

05-24-11 05:45 PM
    Got mine from BestBuy in Union NJ. NO PROBLEMS,
    05-24-11 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD