And the trolls question why so many of us don't trust Android:

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012...droid-devices/

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-23-12 01:37 PM
    Why do they have to be trolls? Why can't they just be android users?

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    therealjoeblow likes this.
    10-23-12 01:39 PM
    "at least there is android development" would be another way of thinking about this... especially where I and many others use tapatalk to access crackberry, rather than be bombarded by ads while using the native pb browser.

nope, not trolling, but surely some perspective is necessary. what are your thoughts?
    therealjoeblow likes this.
    10-23-12 02:09 PM
    also, for clarity, cyanogenmod is a custom firmware, independently developed and available for free to those who wish to take it on. not pre installed. the difference between cyanogenmod firmware and pb firmware is that the latter is controlled exclusively through a corporation who provide 'security'; and, you choose to trust what it does with that data, no matter what it logs, no matter what it has access to.

who do you trust? who watches the watchmen?
    10-23-12 02:30 PM
    That "mistake" seems pretty irrelevant to trolling and android development to me. And calling People who use Android apps out of lack of native apps "trolls" is totally uncalled for IMO..

1. That is a part of the Cyanogen ROM not even an app.
    2. It is debug code left behind by some developer unintentionally and from what I read it can hardly be exploited.
    3. Even a developer working on a native app can make such a mistake. It is opensource so today you know. If some RIM developer has mistakenly left a line of code in our PlayBooks at the moment you wouldn't even know..
    4. It is like saying "Some app guys forgot to remove beta testing expiry date from their final sold app ..More quality Native development is needed" [Just and example I didn't wanna name the app..]

I prefer native apps over android ports too.. But Android has some pretty good apps too (when you don't have a native option).. And in case you do not follow the Android scene CyanogenMod is a pretty highly respected Aftermarket firmware..

And I have seen lots more people "Trolling" but don't see how android app users are related to it..
    10-23-12 02:41 PM
    I think this hardly intentional as all cyanogenmod builds are community based projectd throught a github trackback. remember, android is aosp, it is built for tweaking, hacking and improving, for geeks like us who wish to expand possibilities of use. I find this unsurprising to be honest, but will not be universal across all CY builds.

I for one used to be a heavy CY user and sometime debugger. it made the possibilities of my old dext amazing. however I reverted back to stock use after seeingthat with galaxy the benchmark performance without tweaks, memory management or CY enhancement is mucj, much higher than with.

like any project, of which this is one in the community, you can't get it right all the time. plus we must always remember that these are mainly volunteers. anyway, lookout or one of the many security apps should have flagged the breach...necessary or placebo?
    10-23-12 05:01 PM