While my wife and I were trying to find her a Playbook to replace her iPad, we went in to BestBuy. A sales person came up to assist us and we asked if there were anymore PBs in stock. She said she would check, but why would we want one, they're being discontinued anyway, and an Android tab would be better. My wife immediately grabbed my arm before I could could dump a huge can of whoopass on the stupid cow! My gosh! Is she spouting this crap to anyone who shows interest in a PB?! I did set her straight and then called the manager when we got home. I gave him a rundown of what happened and expressed my irritation and anger at this misinformation from an obviously ignorant employee. This is the ridiculous ignorance and prejudice that our poor beloved PB is up against.
    TaZ52083 and jordandrews90 like this.
    11-29-11 12:05 AM
    Lovely, too many of these stories going around.
    Is be upset if a retailer said that to me also, especially one from best buy or futureshop.
    Megacharge likes this.
    11-29-11 12:11 AM
    I don't know why this double posted. Sorry
    11-29-11 12:31 AM
    I was at Futureshop today buying a 32gb PB. Of course they were out of 16gb models. The salesman AND his floor manager told me that the PB has been discontinued "just like the Touchpad" and tried to steer me to an Android tablet.
    Even though i know better, it did make me pause.
    11-29-11 09:44 PM
    Yup everyone has there mind set to ipad and android tablet.
    11-29-11 11:19 PM
    I agree whoever's mind is set on the iPad is pretty much set. However, no one has their mind set on Android. I find that it's mostly retailers and computer geek that are trying to change things up by pushing Android real hard. Your average Joe and Mary wouldn't even know what an Android tablet is.

Besides if there's no more PlayBook in stock and it's the Christmas season, why not push for something that's physically there.

Yup everyone has there mind set to ipad and android tablet.
    11-30-11 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD