Have you noticed recently that there are way more games for the Playbook that is being announced. Not too long ago, it was rare to hear of a new game for the playbook not it appears we get an announcement for a new one once or twice a year. Is Crackberry just posting more or is there really more developers coming to the platform?
    05-21-12 06:19 PM
    Game engines like Shiza3D, Unity3D, GamePlay3D, Cocos2D, Box2D have been ported to Playbook. Along with toolkits and libraries like Qt, SDL, fmod, libAnythingThatSupportsPOSIX ... .

This means it's very easy for someone to port their iOS app to Playbook.
    velociraptor89 likes this.
    05-21-12 06:23 PM
    The OS is suited better than the java based OS for games also games don't need access to the inner workings that many apps need that they are just getting now.

So yes many more games for QNX based OS.
    05-21-12 06:24 PM
    I think it's awesome! I should be getting a Playbook very soon so I am happy to know that there will be plenty of games for me to play
    05-21-12 06:26 PM
    Yeah.. It feels great too
    1. RIMs price cut on the Playbook meant many people bought it (even though some of them were half blind not knowing what they bought and later complained.
    == The commercial developers need to see a large user group if they plan to invest into it - For them it doesn't end at porting but includes updating and constant customer support..
    2. a. RIM has stood up and said that they will stand by their OS and support it even if it wasnt doing so well in the market presently. (Unlike HP's webOS and Nokia's Meego/ Meamo ?)
    b. RIM announced BB10 which is basically based on Playbook OS so a good amount of backward compatibility will go on their "nextgen future BB phones"
    == So the developers can sleep in peace knowing that tomorrow RIM is not going to dump their OS and go and use android of windows on their phones/ tablets. Now they know that it is also coming to BB smartphones (RIM is known best for its phones right?)
    So now they will not only be developing for Playbook but also for the future BB smartphones = More consumers = More PROFIT = More interested developers..
    3. And also RIM has been supportive to developers by porting the various libraries to the Playbook SDL etc. and various game engines alongwith the one that they have developed (Checkout their github repository)

So all in all the developers obviously see a pretty bright future.. And that makes us see the Playbook having a brighter future
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    05-21-12 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD