(I skipped to the end.)

Hopefully the next time i go over to visit my mom she will be sitting there with a Playbook beside her.
    If your mom buys one, she'll be calling wanting to setup video chat. You'll know long before you go to visit. Least I would hope she would want to video chat with you.
    04-30-12 07:55 PM
    If your mom buys one, she'll be calling wanting to setup video chat. You'll know long before you go to visit. Least I would hope she would want to video chat with you.
    haha, yeah definitely.
    aha likes this.
    04-30-12 08:30 PM
    I've been running the PB (2 of em), ipad 2 & 3 and Galaxy Tab 8.9 in parallel in a work environment for the last 12 months. On the PB I cannot have more than one Word doc open at a time (or more than one PPT or more than one XLS), there is no OneNote integration, no decent digital signature for documents, no virtual MS Office cloud environment. I run a VNC to a desktop but its painful on the PB screen for me. Try red teaming a tech proposal on a PB. I'd love a 9" or 10" PB for my requirements.

The PB for me is more of a PTD - Personal Tablet Device- like a PDA. I use it all the time when I want access to everything, but not to work on everything. Bridge to the 9900 is terrific for anywhere, anytime connectivity. Tho the PB is kinda redundant when you have a 9900. Those so quick to to cut the ipad, your ignorance is showing. I would agree with you if you were right. Once I let down my unfounded prejudice, I learned a lot. I'm still platform/OS agnostic. I use what works for my business needs.

what's this got to do with your mom and dad's opinions? no idea
    04-30-12 09:07 PM
    The thing about bad reviews is you now have low expectations. So when you try it for yourself, you are very surprised. I have been very surprised with my PB and I don't have a BB phone.
    04-30-12 11:23 PM
    Have your parents give me a call... or give me their number... I'll call them and straighten them out. PlayBook FTW!
    Would you please podcast the phone conversation?
    05-01-12 07:49 AM
    I've been running the PB (2 of em), ipad 2 & 3 and Galaxy Tab 8.9 in parallel in a work environment for the last 12 months. On the PB I cannot have more than one Word doc open at a time (or more than one PPT or more than one XLS), there is no OneNote integration, no decent digital signature for documents, no virtual MS Office cloud environment. I run a VNC to a desktop but its painful on the PB screen for me. Try red teaming a tech proposal on a PB. I'd love a 9" or 10" PB for my requirements.

The PB for me is more of a PTD - Personal Tablet Device- like a PDA. I use it all the time when I want access to everything, but not to work on everything. Bridge to the 9900 is terrific for anywhere, anytime connectivity. Tho the PB is kinda redundant when you have a 9900. Those so quick to to cut the ipad, your ignorance is showing. I would agree with you if you were right. Once I let down my unfounded prejudice, I learned a lot. I'm still platform/OS agnostic. I use what works for my business needs.

what's this got to do with your mom and dad's opinions? no idea
    Yes, Apple has better ecosystem.
    05-01-12 07:51 AM
    Yes, Apple has better ecosystem.
    And apple learned the importante of ecosystem from long time ago in PC market.
    05-01-12 08:01 AM
    And apple learned the importante of ecosystem from long time ago in PC market.
    So apple is like the new Microsoft, doesn't have the best OS, but apps help them conquer the world. We are like the Linux users from then, got a OS that doesn't blue screen but will never become the mainstream.
    05-01-12 08:07 AM
108 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD