I'm newbie to CB forums. Today, i tried to download Modern Combat 2. But, i didn't find it anywhere in appworld. I can see MC3 but not MC2. And yes, MC2 was there a week ago. But i decided to download it later. Today, while searching for it, i noticed it was no longer there. I even did reboot, hardreset... and stuffs like that but no luck. It is the proplem with me only? Or Gameloft has pulled it back?? I love this game.
    09-07-12 02:32 AM
    Nope mc2 is not in aw. Sorry
    09-07-12 02:39 AM
    Nope mc2 is not in aw. Sorry
    i didn't get u. Can u make it more clear? Why is it not there? Any reason? Has gameloft pulled it back?
    09-07-12 02:49 AM
    There wasn't anything to get, the only reason it wouldnt be there is if aw or the dev would pull it.
    Last edited by curvezzz; 09-07-12 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Typo
    09-07-12 03:09 AM
    There wasn't anything to get, the only reason it wouldnt be there is if aw or the dev would pull it.
    thanks a lot for getting it confirmed. So sad to know, MC2 is no more. It was one of my fav games.
    09-07-12 03:14 AM
    i wiped a fewk weeks ago and just tried to reinstall it, the game shows up in appworld under "uninstalled" and i can reload it just fine
    09-07-12 04:49 AM
    OP, I can also confirm, I don't see it listed to download.
    09-07-12 05:32 AM
    Googled it and found the .bar file here for MC2. PB NATIVE GAMES - Modern Combat 2 Pegasus HD 3.0.bar - Minus
    09-07-12 05:53 AM
    It shows up in my world but not anywhere else in appworld. Very interesting indeed.
    09-07-12 07:33 AM
    It shows up in my world but not anywhere else in appworld. Very interesting indeed.
    same thing here. The problem is i don't have this game in 'My World'. What if i want to download it? Can i do this?
    09-07-12 08:07 AM
    OP, I can also confirm, I don't see it listed to download.
    exactly what i see. BTW, do u have it installed now ? If yes, then can u play this game??
    09-07-12 08:10 AM
    i wiped a fewk weeks ago and just tried to reinstall it, the game shows up in appworld under "uninstalled" and i can reload it just fine
    but you can't see it anywhere outside 'my world', can u?? But, i don't have it in 'my world' ton. Is there a way for me to download a native MC2?? I hate sideloading. THANKS..!
    09-07-12 08:15 AM
    exactly what i see. BTW, do u have it installed now ? If yes, then can u play this game??
    Yes, I have it installed and it works fine. You might want to try sideloading and see if you can play the game that way.
    09-07-12 08:19 AM
    Hey frnds, i got my playbook only a month ago. So i don't know many things about this tab. I do find it an awesome device. Well, today i purchased 'NOVA 2 HD' . I like it a lot. Fantastic game. I'm going to buy 9MM HD. I have never played this game before. Just out of curiosity, i have a question. Which of the two (9MM vs MC2) is a better game based on graphics and user experience?? Many thanks for the reply.
    09-07-12 08:21 AM
    Hey frnds, i got my playbook only a month ago. So i don't know many things about this tab. I do find it an awesome device. Well, today i purchased 'NOVA 2 HD' . I like it a lot. Fantastic game. I'm going to buy 9MM HD. I have never played this game before. Just out of curiosity, i have a question. Which of the two (9MM vs MC2) is a better game based on graphics and user experience?? Many thanks for the reply.
    Both are great games for the money I have both. Since MC2 is no longer showing in App World you're left with 9mm, it was only 99 cents.
    bigjman likes this.
    09-07-12 08:32 AM
    Both are great games for the money I have both. Since MC2 is no longer showing in App World you're left with 9mm, it was only 99 cents.
    was MC2 better than 9MM?? For u?
    09-07-12 08:37 AM
    thanks a lot for the reply.
    09-07-12 08:39 AM
    Googled it and found the .bar file here for MC2. PB NATIVE GAMES - Modern Combat 2 Pegasus HD 3.0.bar - Minus
    thanks for providing me with an alternate option. Now i don't understand one thing- How to download it.! Can i download it directly on PB through the browser? Or should i sideload it? Or what? Plz help me out.
    09-07-12 08:34 PM
    I suppose it needs to be sideloaded.
    09-08-12 12:17 AM
    thanks for providing me with an alternate option. Now i don't understand one thing- How to download it.! Can i download it directly on PB through the browser? Or should i sideload it? Or what? Plz help me out.
    It needs to be sideloaded through DDPB.
    09-08-12 12:19 AM
    My guess is that they've removed MC2 because it was free (for us, anyway), we have to pay for MC3.
    RIM probably had to pay Gameloft for every download of MC2, so it was no doubt costing them quite a pretty penny.
    I don't really know, but this is my best guess.
    09-08-12 07:50 AM
    My guess is that they've removed MC2 because it was free (for us, anyway), we have to pay for MC3.
    RIM probably had to pay Gameloft for every download of MC2, so it was no doubt costing them quite a pretty penny.
    I don't really know, but this is my best guess.
    What you say makes a lot of sense.. it may not be costing RIM anything since they may have recovered all their license fees from when they were charging for the game, but had to remove it so it doesn't canabalize sails from MC3.. they probably couldn't start charging for the game again because everyone would cry foul that it was no longer free so they simply removed it.. hopefully they bring it back out again in time..
    09-08-12 07:58 AM
    You definitely will need to sideload with the DDPB program. You can either download it directly to your PB or a computer, but either way it will need to be sideloaded. Just follow these directions: How To: Sideload Android apps on PlayBook OS v2.0 for use with the Android App Player | CrackBerry.com if you are having trouble with downloading, then try here: Modern Combat 2 Pegasus HD 3.0 - Minus then click where it says download
    09-08-12 04:59 PM
    What you say makes a lot of sense.. it may not be costing RIM anything since they may have recovered all their license fees from when they were charging for the game, but had to remove it so it doesn't canabalize sails from MC3.. they probably couldn't start charging for the game again because everyone would cry foul that it was no longer free so they simply removed it.. hopefully they bring it back out again in time..
    Yeah, I figure that's it. Also, if they charge for MC2, people might choose to buy it instead of MC3.

I figure it's no big loss. MC2 wasn't even that good of a game for being free (I'm an FPS snob though...)
    09-09-12 09:45 PM
    09-09-12 09:57 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD