Can I watch MLB.TV on the Playbook's browser?
    04-18-11 11:06 PM
    And to that, see if you can watch the streaming playoff games on cbc.ca!
    04-18-11 11:10 PM
    Someone answer this man! I can get my PBook till Thursday but I'll be so excited if I can watch mlb.tv on it!
    04-18-11 11:11 PM
    probably no on mlb.tv, i believe they need silverlight
    converteddroid likes this.
    04-18-11 11:21 PM
    Sad face! . Thanks PK.
    04-18-11 11:27 PM
    probably no on mlb.tv, i believe they need silverlight
    I just looked on the website - consistent with my memory, games prior to May 2009 used Silverlight but it looks like subsequent to that all you need is Flash

MLB.com FAQs | MLB.com: Help

I hope this is right! But, I do not have my PB until tomorrow to test it out. Fingers crossed.
    04-18-11 11:28 PM
    I just looked on the website - consistent with my memory, games prior to May 2009 used Silverlight but it looks like subsequent to that all you need is Flash

I hope this is right! But, I do not have my PB until tomorrow to test it out. Fingers crossed.
    Please post what you find out!
    04-18-11 11:55 PM
    Website says requires Flash, so it should work.

04-19-11 12:00 AM
    I'm thinking that it will, but I need proof first. If anyone can confirm this that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
    04-19-11 12:30 AM
    Please post what you find out!
    Just tried watching a game from yesterday. Bad news.

Apparently the browser detects the PB as a BB and therefore brings up an unsupported message Hopefully either MLB makes an app or someone finds a hack to make this (and other similar sites out there) think you are viewing from a PC. If this happens I dont see why the hardware wont allow playback.
    04-19-11 02:12 PM
    Hmmm...the most recent video from RIM specifically shows them running a gave off of the MLB website. I wonder if something changed.
    04-19-11 02:27 PM
    Just tried watching a game from yesterday. Bad news.

Apparently the browser detects the PB as a BB and therefore brings up an unsupported message Hopefully either MLB makes an app or someone finds a hack to make this (and other similar sites out there) think you are viewing from a PC. If this happens I dont see why the hardware wont allow playback.
    If worse comes to worse, you can use Firefox when Droid Apps come available.. hope that would work.
    04-19-11 02:30 PM
    It should work look at the video in the Facebook post and 38 seconds in you will see it running.http://crackberry.com/facebook-blackberry-playbook
    04-19-11 02:31 PM
    This is not possible, FireFox is not an Java based app; Firefox has already claimed that they will nor support blackberry until rim releases an API that allows native execution.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    04-19-11 02:35 PM
    It does not work. The Facebook post, if you look carefully, is just running a game snipit off the main MLB site - not the MLB.tv paid platform.
    04-19-11 02:54 PM
    I see what you're saying. You're right, it looks like she's just running a clip from the MLB webpage, but it's kind of misleading if you're looking to run live games from MLB.tv. rbenjamin, are you an MLB.tv subscriber, and if so, what kind of error are you getting when you try to watch a livegame?
    04-19-11 03:02 PM
    Yes. I am a MLB.tv premium or whatever it is called subscriber. I am very disappointed this doesn't work. Another in a series of failings. For a full browser it does a heck of a lot less than my $300 Dell Mini can handle. No Kindle. No MLB.tv. No Netflix.

I get a browser unsupported error, or something like that. I dont have the PB in front of me right now.
    04-19-11 03:14 PM
    When you tried mlb.tv was it via wifi or bridge?
    Little side jack but can someone try hulu?
    04-19-11 03:56 PM
    I'm sure this will all be fixed shortly... remember, iPad's originally defaulted to the mobile sites as they identified to the sites as an iPhone. Once the content providers update their web settings, or when someone comes out with some sort of "identify as" setting for the browser, things should work just fine.
    04-19-11 04:14 PM
    Weird. I was able to log in at around 10 AM this morning from my WiFi connection at home and watch the game recap of Astros vs Padres on Sunday.

I am trying to log in now and I can't.
    04-19-11 06:30 PM
    Here is a picture just for proof that I was able to log in to mlb.tv earlier today.

Last edited by jquintana83; 04-19-11 at 08:34 PM.
    04-19-11 08:31 PM
    ok, earlier today, i checked and it let me watch a condensed game from yesterday. later today, it let me sign in and stuck on the intro screen, not time for the game. Now it says device not supported. I can wTch clips, but not the game. bummer
    04-19-11 09:00 PM
    why in the world would that happen? so many goofy things going on. glad i'm waiting a few weeks (for financial reasons, otherwise i would have one in my hands by now), this kind of stuff would infuriate me haha
    04-19-11 09:05 PM
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. I will send an email to mlb.tv later tonight and see what they say. If I can't do it I'm canceling my account.
    04-19-11 09:06 PM
    When you tried mlb.tv was it via wifi or bridge?
    Little side jack but can someone try hulu?
    in response to your hulu question, it works like a charm!
    04-19-11 09:06 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD