Hey guys, just wondering where PDF is on playbook docs to go as i cannot find it and is there any sort of app to solve this issue?
    Thanks.
    11-20-12 01:57 PM
    You can sideload the Adobe .bars if you don't currently have them.
    You could also try to check for an update and see if that installs it.
    11-20-12 02:07 PM
    If I'm not mistaken there should be an Adobe PDF Reader added on there by default. Reason for not having PDF reader bundled with Docs2go could have something to do with RIM partnering with Adobe. The qPDF Viewer from Qoppa Software is free and provides more options than the Adobe Reader.

For annotation, form-filling there is qPDF Notes from the same company which costs $10, think it got reduced to $5 recently but not many alternatives out there for editing.
    11-20-12 02:14 PM
    Adobe PDF Reader comes stock on the PlayBook.... It is fine for view basic PDF's every once in a while, but qPDF Viewer has many more options.

That said, opening large PDF's on the PlayBook shows some of it's shortcomings. I've used it on a few jobs and in meetings to view architectural drawings. I've tried the Adobe Reader, qPDF and ReplicGo Reader - all with pretty much the same results. It takes the PlayBook a long to to "redraw" an image on the screen - it's not just mine but we compared several Playbooks in the company and they all have this shortcoming. Whereas the one guy with an uNamed tablet (version 2) just breezes thru drawings. I assume it has to do with the GPU in the PlayBook being underpowered or not having enough video memory (which is strange because of how well some Video Games look). Either way in my particular industry this means the PlayBook isn't the best tool for the job.
    11-20-12 02:26 PM