- 11-20-2012, 02:07 PM #2
You can sideload the Adobe .bars if you don't currently have them.
You could also try to check for an update and see if that installs it.
- CrackBerry User
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM #3
- 47 Posts
If I'm not mistaken there should be an Adobe PDF Reader added on there by default. Reason for not having PDF reader bundled with Docs2go could have something to do with RIM partnering with Adobe. The qPDF Viewer from Qoppa Software is free and provides more options than the Adobe Reader.
For annotation, form-filling there is qPDF Notes from the same company which costs $10, think it got reduced to $5 recently but not many alternatives out there for editing.
- CrackBerry Master
11-20-2012, 02:26 PM #4
- 1,159 Posts
Adobe PDF Reader comes stock on the PlayBook.... It is fine for view basic PDF's every once in a while, but qPDF Viewer has many more options.
That said, opening large PDF's on the PlayBook shows some of it's shortcomings. I've used it on a few jobs and in meetings to view architectural drawings. I've tried the Adobe Reader, qPDF and ReplicGo Reader - all with pretty much the same results. It takes the PlayBook a long to to "redraw" an image on the screen - it's not just mine but we compared several Playbooks in the company and they all have this shortcoming. Whereas the one guy with an uNamed tablet (version 2) just breezes thru drawings. I assume it has to do with the GPU in the PlayBook being underpowered or not having enough video memory (which is strange because of how well some Video Games look). Either way in my particular industry this means the PlayBook isn't the best tool for the job.
- By ib55 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2012, 06:46 AM
- By kenorian in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
- By patjen2 in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2011, 06:26 PM
- By tshapiro in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 27Last Post: 11-24-2010, 02:19 PM
- By PRICE31 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 9Last Post: 12-06-2008, 10:46 PM