This thread is not intended to knock the PlayBook, just to point out some features that RIM needs to have added to the PlayBook for it to be complete. The obvious things such as BBM, Calendar, and E-mail are confirmed to be coming. I am trying to come up with a list of things that RIM may have completely overlooked so far....

Copy and Paste in Bridged E-Mail app
    Saving Passwords in Browser
    Auto Correct Keyboard (Spelling, Periods, and Capitalization...)
    Deleting Files (PDFs through Adobe Reader, etc...)
    Organizing Favorites in the Browser
    Sharing Cookies and passwords from Regular Browser to the Bridge Browser
    File Manager
    Ability to Sort files (.doc, .xls, and .pdf) or place into folders and subfolders

What other features are missing that haven't been confirmed to be coming in a future update that are essential to the PlayBook experience?
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 04-20-11 at 11:32 AM.
    04-20-11 09:53 AM
    Added a few Browser issues.
    04-20-11 11:22 AM
    I would like to see some organization of the .doc and .pdf files into actual folders/sub-folders as copied into the Documents folder instead of all being thrown into one alphabetized list within Word To Go and Adobe Reader...
    04-20-11 11:25 AM
    I would like a file manager program so i could move files and delete files without have to be connected to a PC
    04-20-11 11:30 AM
    Yeah, the lack of a file manager is annoying. However, the WiFi connection to the computer makes it a little tolerable.
    04-20-11 11:32 AM
    BBM in bridge - A feature that was promised on launch.
    04-20-11 11:46 AM
    I would still like to see a delete key, or at least have "ALT+Backspace" do the trick like it does on a BB.
    02-22-12 08:27 AM
    BBM in bridge - A feature that was promised on launch.
    BBM in the bridge is there for me. check your bridge settings on your phone.

You may have to delete out the profile on both the tablet and phone. reboot both devices and reconnect.
    02-22-12 08:33 AM
    This thread is not intended to knock the PlayBook, just to point out some features that RIM needs to have added to the PlayBook for it to be complete. The obvious things such as BBM, Calendar, and E-mail are confirmed to be coming. I am trying to come up with a list of things that RIM may have completely overlooked so far....

Saving Passwords in Browser
    Organizing Favorites in the Browser
    File Manager
    Ability to Sort files (.doc, .xls, and .pdf) or place into folders and subfolders

What other features are missing that haven't been confirmed to be coming in a future update that are essential to the PlayBook experience?
    I use AIR BROWSER - Available for Free on APP World & it works great for organization. I was excited to see the DOLPHIN Web Browser available - AMAZING user interface. Overall, I am way happy with the features RIM DID add!!! There will always be apps/features that aren't there yet, but still... give the developers time...

It's only day 2 of OS 2 & people are going Crazy... Geez... No Wonder Apple is so successful. They have indoctrinated their consumers to WORSHIP & not complain....

02-22-12 08:53 AM
    in 2.0

I can copy and paste in the bridge email app.

Auto correct keyboard is there, and in fact very annoying when doing emails,, not bbm though.

Deleting Files (PDFs through Adobe Reader, etc...) I can do this in Adobe reader, just clicking on the pencil or pen icon.

There is now only one browser on my playbook, there is no bridge browser anymore.
    02-22-12 08:53 AM
    I don't see the option to create a new presentation on documents to go.

(earlier I posted a thread about it and nobody replied / forever alone)
    02-22-12 08:57 AM
    I was hoping for the ability to print, to have up/down & left/right arrows on the keyboard.

I purchased Files & Folders for $2.99. Works great and integrates with Dropbox, Box.net, email and Google Docs.
    02-22-12 09:17 AM
    Biggest issue I see is the lack of ability to get contacts from a PC and/or Mac and/or Blackberry phone into the Playbook's contact app without pushing them out to the public domain. Not everyone has all the contacts they need in Google, Facebook or Linked-in. It was cool how they got imported, but I really don't need the majority of my facebook contacts in the contacts app. Their really should be a way to transfer your entire contacts database from the phone onto the Playbook with a single button. What's sad is Palm was doing this back in the 90's. Pretty big oversight.
    02-22-12 09:27 AM
    Check the original thread post date please
    02-22-12 09:31 AM
    ROTFLMAO!!! Love it when ancient posts are dredged up and responded to. Too funny!!
    02-22-12 09:35 AM
    ROTFLMAO!!! Love it when ancient posts are dredged up and responded to. Too funny!!
    Yes, necromancing at its finest I swear, some of these folks must be into voo doo.
    02-22-12 09:39 AM
    I would like a file manager program so i could move files and delete files without have to be connected to a PC
    Air Browser is free and you can delete files through that app
    02-22-12 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD