Try loosing your BB phone...
    05-27-12 10:52 PM
    Note where the OP comes from. Having not heard from him, do you think he jumped?
    05-27-12 11:42 PM
    Folks. My PB has magically reappeared.

I normally do not turn off my PB but do turn off the wi fi. From this point forward I will leave the wi-fi turned on and apply your suggestions. Thank you.

I will be watching for BB Protect or some other forms of find your device.

In the interim I will not leave my PB in places my wife does not approve so she will not have the desire to hide it and watch me suffer.

A happy wife is a happy PB user.

Happy endings.
    Thats grounds for divorce
    05-27-12 11:48 PM
    When I first got my Playbook, I bought one of the black gel covers for it. Later in the year, Staples was clearing out Playbook accessories and I bought the bright blue one because it was $2.99. It is a similar blue to the blue Nokia Lumia 900 phones. I've retired the black one and use the blue one around the house now. I'm used to the color now and there's no way to lose my Playbook as long as at least the smallest bit of the cover is visible. It stands out like a sore thumb! When a Playbook version of BB Protect comes out, I'll probably switch back to the black cover.

And, BTW, I'm loving the idea of firing up a Youtube video via Open on Playbook to locate a lost device.
    05-28-12 12:45 AM
    Turn off router and turn on, you should hear new emails notification ping, if PB is still "on".
    05-28-12 01:13 PM
    Blackberry protect SAVED me one night I thought I'd left my Torch in a bar. Not like me at all. I couldn't believe it when I fired up the GPS and located it.

Turned out someone I was out with has picked it up thinking it was theirs.

Shame on me for putting it down
    How accurate was the map location? Mine is usually about 3 miles. Not very helpful.
    05-28-12 04:05 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD